Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Math Problem
A math problem over my head... Would some math whiz solve this for me? Thanks! ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete...
10
10

What does this circuit do?
If anything. They claim that $49 for instructions, $63 for parts get you a single home "magnetic energy generator" designed by Tesla. I assume the video has an AC coil under the table.
20
20

dead unused NiMH AA cells
I recently opened a pack of NiMH AAs that I'd had lying around for a while, & some of them wouldn't charge at all. I tried putting them in the fancy German charger as well (I can't remember the model...
6
6

The 2 ways to make mark & space equal on a 555 astable circuit
From this link & other places, I see there are (at least) 2 ways to make the 555 astable circuit produce a square wave with a 50% duty cycle: * putting 2 diodes into the circuit & using the same...
39
39

RE-Tube amp questions
Thanks everyone for your answers. I guess I can see some of the reasons why tube amps tend to be low power. I am going to try Jurb's suggestion and check out Audiokarma. I have found a battery...
19
19

OT: RC Analog Servo?
I'm not up-to-date on RC servo's. Where might I get... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan...
12
12

AN: Model Error Corrected
Lance Garland has reported a pin-out error with the MC1350 Spice model. The model has been corrected and reposted on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website. ...Jim Thompson -- | James...

Tube (valve) amplifier question
I have decided to build myself a little tube amplifier so I can hear one and compare it to my modern solid state stuff. Virtually all the kits and designs I see online are low wattage output compared...
8
8

MY NEW FAVORITE MEAL
two pounds of Fred Meyer Potato Salad two pounds of Fred Meyer Macaroni Salad one half pount shredded Paresan Cheese THE GOOD KIND from Costco three pounds for 16 bucks yay
3
3

OT: PERL Question
OT: PERL Question How do I search for a range of multi-digit numbers, say find any three digit number between 192 and 222? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
6
6

OT: Now I Understand >:-)
Now I Understand >:-) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype:...

NPN Transistor Question
Being in the I/C biz, I don't keep up very well with what is available in the discrete transistor world. What I'm looking for is a _readily_available_ NPN, highest fT, VCE < 15V, IC < 10mA...
36
36

AN: New Spice Model Posted to my Website
New Spice Model Posted to my Website: Every Spice Simulator has their own proprietary way of implementing digital functions... LTspice Digital Primitives don't play on PSpice, PSpice Digital...
1
1

Strange LO Oscillator won't oscillate
It's a Autodyne converter in a small AM Radio. DC voltages look ok but doesn't oscillate. Originally, the problem was a weak transistor with a hFE of 4. I replaced the tranny with a 2N2222A and it...
4
4

AN: Error Correction in AD633_JT Model
Gary Viviani has advised me that the LTspice auto-generated symbol for my AD633_JT Spice model has the wrong pin order. This has been corrected, along with an added read-me to advise how to edit the...