Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Good Beginner Electronics Book
I am looking to learn more about electronics and what not. I have looked at a few books and purchased one. However, I didn't like it that much. I got Electronic Projects for Dummies. The book started...
13
13

about linearization techniques
Hi, i'm searching infomations about linearization techniques for power amplifiers. In particullary i'm searching pratical applications of these : feed back feed forward digital predistortion EER and...
5
5

Equipment for Electronics Lab
I'm setting up a hobbyist electronics lab. What kind of equipment should I buy to equip this lab? My budget is $3000.
12
12

optocoupler trouble
I'm getting strange results from an optocoupler (aka optoisolator, and this is the kind with transistor output). In brief: nothing I do seems to make the transistor "conduct", except very feebly....
13
13

Identifying a wire
OK I'm putting an old radio in a new truck and the wiring harness had to be slightly different. Bottom line: I've got about 5 extra wires coming out of the radio. Now one of them powers the panel...
5
5

battery meter
how can i make a battery meter of a bettery which is to be charged by solar pannel to show reading on LEDs at alltimes, whether the load is attached or not, or the battery is being charged all the...
6
6

maintaining 12 V
hi. well i have to implement an intelligent lighting system. after detecting the person from PIR sensors, light has to be switched on for some time only at night time. Im using a 12 V battery as a...
2
2

potentiometer output to on/off switch
I would like to convert some output (ohm resistance?) from a potentiometer to an on/off switch. My electronics experience extends to being able to solder stuff...but that's pretty much it. I take...
6
6

ISD 4003 recording chip question
Hi, Anyone with experience in the voice chip ISD4003. I saw a few post here about it. I wanted to know how the memory is divided. Example. From the datasheet, the playback mode is initiated at 00, and...

on/off circuit
I require a circuit that switches off. It is similar to the pocket calculator that will automatically switch off if not used in a few minutes. Could anybody please provide. Thanks. Steve.
12
12

Coputer to Lab power supply conversion
Hey everybody. I am a hobbyist in the field of electronics with no formal training. I have a pretty good understanding of components but know basically nothing about systems as a whole. I got my hands...
9
9

Can portable jump starter supply mobile power?
Left over from my boating days is a 300amp portable jump starter (www. Both a laptop and small hp inkjet printer are carried in my car along with two 75w DC/AC inverters that plug into the cigarette...
2
2

Spicy Network of NanoScience
Spicy network of NanoScience, - The International NanoScience Community started life in November 2007 and, today, counts more than 700 members. It is a virtual meeting point for researchers,...

Is this safe to use in outdoor ?
I noticed Electroluminescent Vinyls paste out side the taxi door for advertisment without any protection, I remenber this kind of displays need high ac voltage to triger. I am wondering would this...
7
7

Crystal Radio Amplifier
This may be a stupid question, but I'm about to build a crystal radio ( and I want to use a little audio amp (Cat. KC5152 @ and was wondering if I'd need the matching preamp (Cat. KC5172 @ Jaycar) for...
7
7