Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Alkaline Battery Capacity
Can't seem to locate any battery specs for Alkaline "D" cells. Tried the Duracell and Raovac sites, but couldn't find much data for standard cells. Read a few notes indicating the capacity of a...
13
13

Do Not Buy any items from J&R Music world
They sell crap and they steal from their customers
2
2

Simple Preamp Circuit Needed
I've been looking for a simple (preferably 1 or 2 transistors or IC based) preamp to go between the LM380 amp I mentioned in an earlier post, and a regen radio. I've searched Google and only came up...
6
6

Calculating total resistance?
Hi, I am looking for an algorithm for calculating total resistance of a circuit. The circuit is repersneted using a graph where every edge represent a resistor. Thanks in advance
2
2

LED - Basic! - reference that shows wiring
I do "catch up" with newsgroups, so sorry but I can't recall who had asked similar questions as myself re: basic LED wiring, and something showing how it's done. Well, I found another reference today:...
1
1

LM380 Amplifier Volume Not Working
I am having trouble with a small battery operated amp based on the LM380 chip. The volume control isn't working, all it does it change the amount of crackle in the speaker when iPod volume is up high,...
12
12

Electronic Ballast for Fluorescent Light [Hack] ?
I have two identical electronic ballasts that will each power a 20 Watt tubular fluorescent light bulb. Will the two 20W ballasts drive a single 40W tubular fluorescent light bulb if the two ballasts...
6
6

vacuum tube testing
I need some assistance with testing some 6EJ7 vacuum tubes. In the past I have used several tube testers which are inoperable now. I have access to power supplies, meters, scopes, fixtures and...
11
11

electromagnet power
HI all, I just build two electro magnet with the same Gauss output, They have different iron core with different gauge size. They both output the same gauss with a 12v battery. I wanted to know if...
5
5

Codewheel Generator for Homebrew Optical Encoders
Howdy, Folks, I just released a freeware Win XP/Vista program that generates codewheel images and prints them to any home inkjet or laser printer. With a good codewheel in hand, you can build your own...
29
29

what do I need?!
hello, i'm a programmer who currently have started learning microcontroller programming (arm) using c. one thing that i'm worry about is that i am not expert in analog or electronic. what should i...
6
6

Help: Can someone assist with load resistor calculation for vehicle LED lamp please?
Hi folks, Don't have much electronics experience and have forgotten most of what I learnt at school (well it was 25 years ago!) and am hoping I can find some assistance in getting an LED lamp for my...
17
17

Block a load supplied by an LDO
Is there a simple method to block a load supplied by an LDO until the LDO reaches its regulated output? The rise time of the LDO's output is 850uS (22uf output cap). The load is only 10mA. I've tried...
6
6

where use all three terminals on a potentiometer?
I have used two of the three terminals to vary the resistance for controling the gain or amplification for audio. I am newbie and haven't used the three terminals all at the same time. I guess it...
4
4

can someone recommend a really TRUE RMS meter?
I have a very noisy square pulse wave that I'm trying to measure the RMS current and RMS votlage of... my pulses can have up to 24 volt peaks. and a frequency of 1kHz.... I was wondering if anyone...
52
52