Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

coil winding sensor
hello, I want to make a coil winding machine, I would like to implement a sensor so I can count the velocity of the wire I am coiling so I can accurately count the length of the wire, is there any...
14
14

Why shouldn't I use inductors to build passive tone control circuit?
I designed an RLC circuit to boost about 6 dB at around 80 Hz at audio line level. I checked it with SPICE and it did exactly what I wanted. Ordered the parts, built it and it seemed not to do much of...
12
12

Use USB memory stick as random memory?
Is it possible to use a little USB flash drive as RAM memory for a PIC microcontroller project without a lot of serial I/O software? How complicated is it? What procedure is needed to read and write a...
5
5

Bright up your advertising with a slim light box !
LED slim light box, CCFL slim light box, EEFL slim light box, Fluorescent (T4/T5) slim light box are widely used in Banks, Securities, Traffic System (highway, airport, railway and subway etc),...

Parallel port Interfacing
This website contains parallel port interfacing information. It has a cool video on parallel port basics.

book needed!
whats the best book option in basic electronics??
4
4

calculating needed gauge of long cable from power supply to charger?
I hope to run a 40' pair of cables from my power supply (Mastech 3010E-3) to my charger (Thunder Power 1010C). Here's what I've been thinking, I could use any thoughts you might have on the right way...
9
9

effect of laminated plates on electro maget
hello, I have two electro magnets with different thickness of laminated plates, They are of different size but both gives relatively the same Telsa output between 5v and 20v. Will I still get the same...
2
2

trick to detecting clock?
Is there some way to detect a 3-5volt say khz clock using an ordinary instrument(no osciloscope)
16
16

A place for sharing pinouts information
I notice that sometimes in this list someone raises a question about a particular cable or connector pinout, and others have only partial answers. To simplify the knowledge-sharing process about...
1
1

How can I vary an Ultrasonic Mist Maker vibration using a sound card tia sal2
Greetings All I would like to vary an ultrasonic mist maker like this one my audio sound card. Example: I want to produce complex waves using my sound card 4000Hz square wave combined with some 1000...
5
5

DC interfering with high-frequency digital signal?
I need to run 250 ft. of 2 cables, and they have to be right next to each other. I'm trying to figure out if low-voltage DC electric interference will be an issue. Hopefully the following data is...
10
10

Bench Power Supply from PC PS
Ongoing threads about Power Supplies has inspired me to copy and post this: The following is from the FAQ, electronics repair group, I think.... 4.16) Making a bench power supply from a PC power...

USB drive in a ziploc bag?
What are the chances of a USB drive being damaged by static electricity if someone put it in a ziploc drive?
7
7

fluorescent 4-pin base adapter?
Our house came with a weird outdoor light that uses a 13W 4-pin fluorescent bulb (G24q-1?), similar to these: These bulbs cost around $7 each. Is there any adapter that converts the 4-pin base to a...
3
3