Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Sequencers
--Have been googling around to find the little inverter/sequencers for blinking various strings of electroluminescent wire for an artsy-fartsy project. What I can't find are robust ones capable of...
5
5

Down The Tubes?
I bought a bunch of vacuum tubes from a surplus electronics store that was going out of business, so many of them weren't marked as to what tubes they were-- but they were cheap. One in particular is...
18
18

switching
Hello everybody, I have a set of battery, but I only one hooked up to the circuit, The other one act as a backup. I want to implement an electronic unit that will change (swap) the the wiring will...
14
14

Outdoor Timer for Pond
I have an outdoor dawn/dusk timer for use outside. My main use has been for Christmas lights, but now I need something like it for a pond. I'd like to set it for say 8 am to 6 pm, or slight variations...
3
3

Hz overload
Since the 9v battery supply is quickly used up, I am using a ac battery eliminator/wall wart to run the Led timer. Although the eliminator provides the needed 12v to 15 v, it also changes the 50 hz...
6
6

Vacuum Tube 6EJ7 Test
Hello again. I'm still working on my tube testing project. I have been trying to determine the transconductance of the 6EJ7 tubes I have. Here is my setup: Plate and screen grid at 240 vdc. Heater at...
4
4

How this circuit works?
Hello I have the following questions, can anyone explain to me how the following circuit works, how does the first op-amp oscillate, and how does the buzzer sound? The first op-amp is configured with...
15
15

amplifiers
the output of an amplifier is a square wave when the input is a sine wave.what is the explanation for this?
6
6

boost circuit
Hi, I have a question concerning a boost circuit Vs a dc motor. here is a link to a boost circuit: In the step-up circuit, when Q1 is on, L1 is grounded. I feel that this circuit resembles a lot like...
2
2

LRC omplex Numbers (Try #2)
When I used cut and paste from a word processor on the first post, I ddin't realize that some of the information didn't move over correctly or was omitted. Below is what I intended for everyone to...
12
12

Questions about battery leak
I have a handheld video game that takes 4 alkaline size C batteries, and I had left it in a corner 5 years ago and forgotten about it. I finally looked at it today and there must have been a battery...
3
3

Is Rigol Good ?
Hello, Somebody recommended a Rigol mixed signal oscilloscope. I checked the Rigol website. Do you know anything about this company, these scopes? Thanks. T.I.
7
7

which PC Based Logic Analyzer ?
Hello, At work we have an Intronix Logicport PC based logic analyzer. It is good, I like using it, but it has very little memory (2048 samples). Can you recommend something? Thanks, T.I.
4
4

Making an EMF Detector
Hey everyone. I am in the final stages of making my EMF Detector but the schematic shows a 1mH inductor/probe for the device and it has been YEARS since I made one and cant remember how. The device...
1
1

speaker interference creation
Hi there, I've noticed that my GSM phone creates a noise through my speakers sometimes (ie when the phone is communicating with the mothership). No, I don't want to know how to stop it from happening,...
3
3