Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

locating break in DC circuit - remotely
I have some photovoltaic panels with intermittent contacts. When I flex / press on the back of the panel the output will (sometimes) reach nominal values, otherwise remain low (not zero) The break is...
1
1

Servo Control Problem
Hi, Newbie question. I have made a servo control circuit and it does not work. It will be very nice if someone in this NG can help. ------------------------------------------------- SERVO: Sanwa, SRM...
4
4

Why Electric Motors Are 3X - 4X More Efficient Than Internal Combustion
When it comes to converting one form of energy one way to mechanical work only a Pelton wheel can approach an electric motor's 95+% efficiency. In sharp contrast all single cycle high compression...
175
175

static power switch
What is a static power switch? -- Rich
9
9

HELP NEEDED TIMER (BASEBALL FEEDER)
I have a 3v dc motor that turns at a slow rpm. It has a rubber wheel that comes in contact with a baseball. This allows the baseball to be pushed in to a pitching machine. The ball waits in line to be...

Timer baseball feeder circuit
I have a 3v dc motor that turns at a slow rpm. It has a rubber wheel that comes in contact with a baseball. This allows the baseball to be pushed in to a pitching machine. The ball waits in line to be...
5
5

Trying To Fake Thermo
A few laymen can get _some_ kind of understanding of thermo. The anchor of NPR for example, has figured out how to avoid saying stupid things on the subject. But if most people try to fake knowledge...
5
5

Laptop Metal Detector utilising Digital Lock-in Amplifier
Is a powerful metal detector possible by using only laptop and sensor (search-head) without any additional electronics? See the generation and progress of this experimental project on: The metal...
16
16

Can this circuit be modded to work with lower power input signal?
I built this kit last night, and tapped the input across one of my speakers. It's their standard one channel light organ designed to work with low voltage lamps. It worked, but I had to crank the...
7
7

electrical problem(new battery) lancer ck2
What are the cause/causes of dead battery problems in the lancer ck2?
2
2

Prototyping Zinc/Mg - Air w/ Harbor Tugs
A couple years ago an Israeli company was working on zinc or magnesium "fuel" systems for motor vehicles. The additional weight would be like an additional person in the vehicle -- not a biggie. The...
3
3

Feedback
There is a simple (and above all quickly) way to calculate loop gain (given a circuit without any further information)? Thanks
3
3

Connecting two open collector devices
Hello, Currently I building a circuitry to have 8 I/O pins being demux into 64 mutually exclusive outputs to control switching of 64 selenoid relays. I am planning to place a Darlington array in...
10
10

I do not know ?
My house uses 4 fts length fluorescent light ( 20 W ) as lighting source. When I remove the starter the light is still light up. I like to know why it is working when the fluorescent light is in open...
2
2

Even Low Efficiency Energy Storage Devices Become Competitive With Spiraling Fuel Costs
If energy from the grid costs 13 cents/kW-hr and a 1000 cycle battery costs 27 cents/kW-hr, and diesel is 40 cents/kW-hr, then a 33% efficient energy storage device that is capable of thousands of...
113
113