Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Compact Fluorescent Lamp
When you turn the CFL on, It will take about 40 sec brighten fully , which make it very inconvenient to use. Can any members help me to explain this phenomenon ? Thank You. Regards
49
49

Constructing a "delay" into a system?
OK I can solder, and 50 years ago took an RCA Electronics course so I could fix b&w TV's. Since then, not too much electronical has happened around me! I now fly some lightweight, foam Radio...
4
4

Scope dilema
I am looking to purchase my first oscilloscope use from eBay. I have seen many recommendations for the Tektronix 465 series of analog scopes. I have also seen several 100 Mhz Tektronix digital storage...
6
6

PIC16F88 swaping bit status in PORTB
Hello every one! I have a microcontroler PIC16F88. I want to make some simple applications with it, but for some applications I need to swap the value of one bit in one of two ports (PORTA or PORTB)....
3
3

help reading a datasheet
Hi, I am looking at digikey web site the IRFZ44 TO-220AB, there are many chips available. I am a bit confuse concerning the resistance Vs Watt coloumn. I Will take two randomly the IRFZ44VZ-ND WITH...
20
20

DC motor speed control
hi This is muralidhar.i am planing to create an electrical bike for that i am planing to use a dc motor (12V) but i don't no how to control the speed of that motor since it is a DC supply i cant use...
7
7

Powering a Fluke multimeter from a Constant Power Supply
Hi, I work for a software company and recently we have had to start doing some electronics testing in relation to our software. The problem we are running into is that we have these mid-grade (~ $500)...
13
13

"The Public Record Is Your Friend"
If you are saintly like me then the public record is your friend. On the other hand, if you are a delusional liar, then the public record is your enemy. Bret Cahill
18
18

Simple Battery Tester?
Does anyone know if someone makes a cheap battery tester that simply holds the battery, puts a light load on it and assumes you own a DVM to measure the voltage?
2
2

Open source FDTD electromagnetic simulation codes in Java now available
Mark 2 of the Java codes is now available on the Google Group FDTD-OS

Sign of Genius
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -- Jonathan Swift
109
109

relay switching speed
hello, I am trying to figure out is there is any rating on the maximum switching speed on mechanical relays such as the R3-24AC or 50-094-0 (or just any mechanical relay) I want to use dc current on...
10
10

which group for NIR video capture discussion?
Hello, I am playing around with a bullet camera which grabs video in daylight and in darkness. In darkness it uses NIR LEDs to see the scene and captures B/W video. Can somebody suggest a newsgroup or...
2
2

pwm need to increase frequency
I have built the PWM circuit located here, triangle osc. frequency is about 150 hz. I want to increase it to about 15 khz. When I changed the capacitor, C1 and resistor, R1 the waveform got very...
5
5

Electrolytic and Tantalum Capacitor Life?
Capacitor specs seem a little confusing about expected lifetimes. It seems to depend on various factors of temperature, current, frequency, etc. Just as a general rule, how many continuous hours of...
2
2