Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Really old homebrew power supply
I have a power supply that I built as one of my first projects when I was in high school, in the mid 1960s, and it has always worked well enough for my needs. It's in a Bud "Portacab" 6" wide, 8"...
5
5

Phone problems after thunderstorm
I am trying to help my grandmother with a phone problem. I'm not entirely sure what's going on (she's very confusing) but some (possibly all) of the Caller ID displays on her home telephones are...
11
11

lightning timer
In our house we do have lightning that stops working after a 30 seconds or 1 minute. But for now the timer doesn't work anymore, it's broken. Someone who can help me find that thing on the net. And...
3
3

Battery charging software
BattChgPro Ver 1.5 Battery charging software Nine types of battery chemistry (Secondary) Lithium, NiCad, NIMH, Lead Acid, Nickel-Iron Nickel-Zinc, Sodium-Sulfur, Zinc-Bromine, Alkaline Select cell...

Dialer problem with a picchip
Hello, I have a recuring problem when connecting my circuit to the phone line. basically the circuit I use is : the exception that I connect B3 to an 8th order low pass filter and the output of that...
32
32

Does anybody know why this would oscillate (LDO)?
Does anybody know why this would oscillate? Schematic 5.1V LDO 2Ma - 15Ma According to the bode plot this loop should be stable (85 deg PM, 74 kHz crossover at 20db/decade). I'm using a 4.7uf ceramic...
9
9

PIC's and USB
I downloaded some stuff on how to use USB from: I want to make a PIC act as an HID keyboard, but I've come up with a couple questions before I get too deep into this. 1) Most of the schematics I see...
1
1

PIC - Recommendation for a first time user
Thank you everyone for your input to my earlier thread for my need of a one chip solution that directed my application to using a PIC. As a new PIC learner can you give me a PIC choice & part # (kit)...
7
7

Comprehensive List of Farm Electrification Ideas
1. The Super Irrigator a. The Super Pivot: tractor wheels powered by an electic motor slide radially and rotate the pivot for spiral furrows. Easiest low tech fully automated field. A conventional...
1
1

Problem with this circuit
I've found this circuit: gnd------voltage source-----current source------resistor----gnd all sources are ideal I shoud calculate the voltage across resistor....how can i do? A)If i use Kirchhoff...
1
1

Sound operated light source
I am learning morse code. There are software available which convert any text into morse and give the output to the headphone jack. I was wondering if this sound output at the headphone/speaker jack...
5
5

Dual Trace Sound Card Scope
SndScopePro 1.5 Dual Trace Sound Card Scope Professional Dual Trace Oscilloscope AC DC Triggered Input Single / Dual channel Volts / DB Digital Readout Time / Frequency Digital Readout Auto Gain...
2
2

Inverter improvements?
Hello, I have an inverter circuit, although I learn that hooking a load directly to its output is not working. I was not sure if I should use an opAmp or mosfet, I have the circuit below, any...
7
7

water level relay
I thought this would be easy, but I'm struggling with the details. I have some lights (12VDC 200W) I want to turn on when the water level in a fountain reaches a certain point (i.e., the fountain is...
10
10

Building Your Own Flyback Transformer
A friend gave me a little yellow toroid (ferrite?) with a winding around it, that he had butchered from some non-working computer part. I unwound the (thick!) wire, re-wound it with 10 turns of...
40
40