Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

this is not basics
Hi Group, If one is a bit thick how do I start in electronics. Micky
7
7

Using a Panel Meter movement
Hello All, I'm trying to sort out how to use an analog, needle-style, coild&spring type of panel meter movement. I have a couple of samples to play with, unfortunately I have no infomation about them....
13
13

Inverter performance
Hello, I made two inverter circuit: goal is to have about 33-33v in the output to drive some mosfets. I am not about which circuit is more stable, the one with OP amp or the one below with just the...
7
7

EM pulse detection
EM pulse detection Is it possible to measure with great precision the time at which a very short EM pulse reaches a receiver situated at some distance from the emitter? The time should be recorded on...
8
8

Frequency to voltage conversion
I'm trying to remember my limited 20-year old electronics knowledge and failing miserably... Some background: the school I work at is involved in a science competition run by Rolls Royce. Our project...
6
6

Oscilloscope question
Hello all, years ago I was given a 10 MHz Heathkit oscilloscope. Both channels work fine, and I use it to probe circuit boards powered up on the workbench. I now own an old hobby car with the old...
12
12

Almost newbie needs to troubleshoot electric guitar effect
I've built some kits, and can use a soldering iron, but know almost nothing about trying to troubleshoot a battery-powered electric guitar effect. Its an Electro Harmonix Electric Mistress Flanger,...
33
33

Phase margin
If i consider the open loop gain of an opamp with negative feedback composed of 2 poles (with negative real part) and one zero (with positive real part) and if i want a phase margin of 45=B0, from its...
3
3

gyro inductance
This is a new design for Gyroscopic Inductance circuit for DC current production using the gyroscope itself as the induction circuit for long term space flight. It will produce Direct current from a...
17
17

EMI analysis
I was trying to do some EMI analysis on Comon mode chokes & inductors. i got their transient response from which i also got their FFT. The problem wat i am facing now is how do i interpret the...
2
2

how we will connect the sensor to circut
i am student in graduate degree so, i am interested in knowing about sensors so,i am requesting you members to help in my doughts
2
2

Stimulus test gear
There is this digital scope sold by ABI that is called a circuit master. It does a number of things but one thing that seems unique is that it applies a DC current to a circuit while at the same time...
3
3

Diode Equation needs a Knee Transplant
I would like to know how to modify the diode equation: I = Io (Exp(eV/ NkT)-1) to work for a germanium diode. Using Io=10E-12, e=1.602E-19, T=295, N=1, and k=1.380E-23 has the correct knee 0.6 for a...
5
5

Client Server/Client Server Programmer (IEDR Onsite Scanning )
Personnel Title: Client Server/Client Server Programmer Assignment or Project Name: IEDR Onsite Scanning Number of Positions: 1 Expected Duration of Assignment: 12 months Rate: open Location: NY...

Is this op-amp uV/C that high?
I'm try to figure what the offset voltage temp drift for the Ina116P op-amp, Ina116P datasheet: At the bottom left side of page 5 is a chart. Looks like there's an appreciable chance of getting an...
37
37