18650 for 3.0 v application ?

I have a door bell that uses 2 aa batteries.

Would a 18650 work in such an application.

I don't know if 4.1 volts would be too high.

Thanks, Andy

Reply to
Andy

How about the 18650 in series with a Si diode, such as a 1N4001 ? The 0.6V drop should reduce the voltage sufficient to be considered safe.

David

--- Andy wrote:

David Snowdon

Ok, thanks.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

How would I wire that up?

It's been a while.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Why not a 7803 with just a filtering cap ?

In your need, you would need 2*1N4148 or 1N4448, that's enough.

Reply to
Look165

I already ordered the other diode.

Reply to
Andy

It only dropped the voltage by .2 volts.

Andy

Reply to
scientist77017