Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Can anyone recommend a BUCK/BOOST Controller?
Can anyone recommend a BUCK/BOOST Controller? Preferably with integrated switches. Vin = 5 to 12V V out = 6.5V I out = 1A
4
4

Strange how-to question(s)
Hello all, I own a vintage (1968) automobile, equipped with a vintage radio. The previous owner installed slightly more modern speakers. The radio works, adequately. However, it is not able (of...
14
14

Question on 30rpm motor
I have a little 30rpm motor that I use to turn fishing rods when applying epoxy to the guides. Unfortunately the 30rpm seems a bit too fast. Ideally it would be slower like 10 or 12 rpm. Is there any...
9
9

Looking to build a transient generator
A product I am designing requires a series of lab tests to judge robustness against electrical transients. One such test is to charge up a 100mH inductor in series with a 4 ohm load (4ohm load to...
15
15

thinking about a 200 amp 12v pwm controller
I"ve started looking into putting together around a 200-250 amp 12v pwm controller for a DC drive i have. I've got the pwm driving aspect of this down aside from the mosfet selection and dealing with...
2
2

ic 555 timer small diagram needed
right what i need is a diagram for the conditions i need... let me explain i need to press and release a NO switch and after certain time like say 15 mins i need it to engage a relay for say 5 mins...
16
16

Understanding voltage
Hey, I'm in 3rd year mechanical engineering and I still don't feel like I have a strong understanding of what voltage is. Maybe someone can help explain the concept. I'm pretty sure I understand what...
69
69

Replacing Thermal fuse
I have a dishwasher who's heating coil stopped working. Looked at the bottom and the hot wire was charred and broken away from something.... that something was cylindrical and had another wire going...
15
15

A Tunnel Diode Paradox
Suppose that a tunnel diode wired in series with a load resistor is connected to a battery. The load resistor value is chosen so that the resistor load line passing through the negative resitance...
8
8

trigger for digital camera
I've got a digital camera that I am trying to connect to a motion sensor. I've disassembled it and have the wires available to wire into a circuit. I have three relays. I need a circuit to trigger the...
8
8

ba1404 clock signal
Hi guys. I build a FM transmitter based on the ba1404 chip. The problem arises because this chip need a 38Khz crystal for produce a subcarrier signal for the stereo transmition, but that crystal is...

3 Phase run on 2?
Can a 3 phase motor run on less? I have a washing machine that uses 1 phase through a "phase converter" to run a 3 phase motor. It has mofets and a controller which I imagine is used to create the...
7
7

Uninterrupted power supplies types and maintenance
UPS or Uninterrupted Power Supplies is an important unit of the AC Power Conditioning Systems the world over and along with AC Servo Stabilizers, CVT (Constant Voltage Transformers) or Ferro Resonant...
3
3

battery charger circuit overload
Hello, I have a battery charger here circuit is in two phase: - BAttery A and B charging BAttery C and D - BAttery C and D charging BAttery A and B 1) once the opto couplers are on, the 5amp fuse on...
10
10

Don't touch that base lead! (Photo Transistor)
I want to play around with some phototransistors and am curious about the base lead. It seems like this lead is treated as taboo . Some sources say it's just there but you won't have to or don't need...
8
8