Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

photovoltaics in parallel
I live in the woods, so my solar powered walk lights do not charge very well in the winter months. I decided to add another solar panel in parallel to the first -- just solder it in -- then I would be...
8
8

Stand-by power supply question
Hi people, I have a Un-Interruptible Power Supply with a dead battery. Am I correct in thinking that I could remove the dead 7AH gell-cell and run the wires outside to a bigger battery for longer...
6
6

Components naming
Hello, I am curious to know how the naming of transistors and ICs are organized. Why a 2N3055 is called 2N3055 and LM741 is called LM741 ? Who decide this and how it is organized ? Thanks, Olivier
25
25

LTSpice dependent sources symbol
I'm making some schematics on LTSpice and need a symbol for the dependent source, but not the one it includes by default. I need the diamond-shaped symbol that's standard in the books. Does anyone...
2
2

Casio NP-50 batteries
I'm not sure if this question is a bit off-topic, but I found to be selling those batteries for $12 rather than $50 that I saw on Casio's website. However, I don't know if is legit or not. I saw some...
1
1

Varactor ?
Looking at the datasheet for the NTE618, and wondering why it lists a frequency (1MHz) after each entry for the interterminal capacitance. Anyone have any ideas on this? I figured the applied voltage...
12
12

want to build a VHF sounder device
Please could someone advise me where I can get a kit or even instructions to build a device that emits a very high frequency 17.5-18.5 kHz tone. I am not an experienced electronics expert but could...
4
4

phase/frequency detector
In a specific application I should compare the phase/frequency of two signals and make a voltage proportional to their phase/frequency difference. I want to connect this signal to the input of a VCSO....
4
4

half wave rectifier
Setup: transformer, single rectifier in series with a load resistor. Will the power company still bill me for the half of the cycle where no power is drawn by the load resistor? Michael
4
4

Need help with a MOSFET electronic load
I have been looking at some electronic load circuits. I would like to have a circuit that uses a MOSFET that pretends it is a high wattage fixed resistor. My application is a homemade RC relaxation...
7
7

question about DIP package and SMT adapters
I'm trying to work on a circuit on a standard perf board I got from radio shack... and it works fine for all the DIP chips I pick up from radio shack... but, I need to start using some cooler stuff......
7
7

will a dc offset affect a speaker?
ok... here's my question: If I have a millivolt range audio signal and I add a dc offset to it, and then I take my new signal and send it to a speaker with a built in amplifer, will this be the same...
55
55

Help identifying components on a 70's schematic
wondering if anyone can help with something thats been nugging me for a while. my pinball machine is supposed to have a tone board to produce the sounds you get when hitting targets, it was built in...
9
9

## DC Sweep Result of Schmitt Trigger Inverter? ##
If I do a DC SWEEP of -0.5v~0.5v to a Schmitt Trigger Inverter, Why do I see Y:VOUT ----------------------------------- \ \ \ ----------------------------------- x: VIN a b (a=-0.2v, b=-0.19v) If I...
1
1