Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Insulators
I bought a big potted neon sign transformer on ebay, but both of the hv insulators were destroyed in transit (this is me, having a positive attitude...). Anyway, I'm wondering where I might get some...
6
6

What range should my POT be?
Okay, so I have this motor and it is powered by a 24VDC power supply, and I would like to vary the voltage going to this motor. This motor draws 0.4A with 24V. I understand that connecting a pot...
23
23

Radio
Hey,I just want peoples opinion about what shortwave radio I should get that is in the price range of $500.
5
5

Broken mouses
I have 2 broken PC mouses, one is optical, one is PS/2. What can i do with the circuit inside that 2 broken mouses, something fun??? Show me guyz, thx!!!
2
2

binary clock power circuit
hi i build a bcd clock shown in the page all the circuit works fine but i want to chage the power source of the circuit to dc source. so my question is how can i get a 60Hz frequency from a dc source?...
7
7

[SOLVED] ~ OT? Dust in a computer
Any good solutions to keep the dust out? Anyone doing anything along those lines - and how's it working? I have a desktop that's less than a year old and is packed with dust already. I can't make the...
13
13

Stereo and bass signal into bass speaker cabinets
Hi, I would like to find a way to play both my stereo and bass guitar through a pair two 4x10" bass guitar speaker cabinets. Since the cabinets have two sets of input jacks (1/4" and Speakon) I was...
3
3

Transformer Simulation in LTSpice
I have just started using LTSpice . I am slowly learning how to use the simulator. I thought that I would try to simulate a 1:3 step up transformer. I thought that I followed the directions that I...
3
3

Pwr Supply Problem
I made a power supply with 3 paralelled LM338 Regulators in paralell (24V 12A trans), with 2 paralelled 20A rectifirs, worked great for 1 week, then all of a sudden, output dropped to 2 amps max (from...
1
1

S-Video To RCA
I want an S-Video to RCA adaptor, but they aren't cheap, so I was wondering if I build my own, what pins to connect where. I want to be able to watch videos from my iPod touch, and play games from my...
12
12

Norton Resistance Question
Hi guys, I've gotten a lot of repsonses, but no real answers. To clariy, the text says to remove RL and short the source. To you guys that think this is my homework.... good thing it is not. This is...
18
18

RFI of 2 ATC radio of the same model
Hi all, wondering anyone have face any RFI issues for two ATC radio (same model) place in the same place with their antenna around 6m apart? There are no additional external filter systems except...
2
2

maximum length of wire?
I have some video equipment i need to power off directly from my car's battery. I need a wire that is not too big, because i need to solder on a special quick-release connector that will be used to...
11
11

Hybrid-pi model parameter determination
I've been trying to determine the parameters of the hybrid-pi model for a given bjt transistor. Some books give the following as the model: Is it just me or are the rb and rpi resistances impossible...

Converting an ANNEX B router into ANNEX A by adapter
A friend of mine got a Billion BiPac 7005G modem/router for ADSL over ISDN (RJ45) Back from Germany he wants to use this router for ADSL over an analog POTS line (RJ11) HOw to convert signals between...