Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

DAC specifications
Hello All, I have chosen analog devices AD5532HS for my project. The main reason that I chose this DAC was because of its 32 voltage output channels. You can find the DAC at My post is long and I...
1
1

Illuminated Rocker Switch
I have a rocker switch and I can get it to work as a switch, but it's supposed to illuminate and I'm at a complete loss... It has 3 prongs on the bottom which are labelled on the switch as 1,2, and 3...
3
3

hum when two devices plugged in
Gentlemen, no matter how far away they are in the house from each other, when I plug in *Electric blanket (with sine wave chopping current limiter) + uninterruptible power supply, (attempt to keep...
2
2

SCR model for SwCAD
Where can I find a model for the SCR to use with SwCAD?

old ic pinouts
does anyone have an especially good source for datasheets and or pin outs for old ic's. i have obtained a naked 40 pin dip chic for a digital clock and can't do much but look at it without a spec...
5
5

Microwave diode?
Have simple detector circuit that specifies 1N21B diode. That diode is 20-plus years old and obsolete. Looking for current equivalent, possibly (but not necessarily) smt. Are these useable in place of...
22
22

RFID chips
Does anybody know of a way to de-active(blowup) RFID chips? Can their receiver coils be overloaded? Those things get added to all sorts of non-obvious things, and start to interfere with our privacy .
36
36

loudspeakers
I have a query about two loudspeakers acquired from different companies. One speaker is larger and sounds better (softer) than the other speaker. The newer smaller speaker produces a very clear but...
4
4

Amplifier lamp replacement
I have an old stereo amplifier in whch some of the indicator lamps have blown. Unfortunately two of these are enclosed in the VU meters, I'm wondering if it's possible to open up the meters and...
24
24

About ADC
I have not understand some definition used with adc... 1)what is ENOB?A 12 bit adc with enob equal to 11 bit means that 11bit represent the real value and last 1 bit is error affected? 2)what is...
3
3

Part identification
I found this old part in a controller of this elevator modernization I am doing, and I am wondering what it is. Google searches have let me down... I think it is a voltage regulator... it is in a TO3...
1
1

Need help with basic Oscillator design
I have some electronics theory questions and some electronics simulator questions pertaining to an Armstrong oscillator. I have done some reading and have tried to come up with a design on my own....
5
5

Building adapters
Many times over the years I have wanted to make an adapter from one jack to another. Inevitably I end up wondering if I need to add a resister or capacitor to the usually obvious connections. Can...
1
1

Mains AC motor speed control
I am playing around with a couple of CNC mills. One is a tiny HDPE thing with a Dremel 300 series drill and the other a larger homemade creation with a Trend T4 router. Both the Dremel and the Trend...
3
3

FET model analogous to the Ebers-Moll?
Is there a large-signal model for the FET like the Ebers-Moll for the BJT?
1
1