Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: googlegroups Crosspost check
Just checking - some googler was multi-posting, I want to show him how simple it is to crosspost. All you have to do is put the list of crossposted groups in the "To Newsgroups" block, comma-separated...
1
1

8 Bit Random Numbers
I located a program to generate 255 pseudo-random numbers in some fixed sequence which repeats after 255 counts. 4 bits of the random register (bits 3,4,5,7) are used as feedback to determine the next...
62
62

Help with Electric Motor
Hi, I'm in the UK and need some help & pointers on a motor replacement. I have my mother-in-laws roller shutter garage door in bits as the control board burnt. I've made a remote control / relay unit...
10
10

What passes as Pulse Width Modulation in DC Motor Control?
Can anyone please tell me what passes as PWM in Motor Control? Is it limited to supplying the motor with a square wave, where a set and constant level of voltage is switched on or off to the motor? Or...
72
72

Kits available for making female connectors for PCB headers?
I did a Google search for this, but I must be using the wrong terms... I prefer to use connectors on my circuit boards vs. soldering wires directly. I take apart a fair amount of scrapped electronics,...
9
9

CMOS switch - DC blocking cap necessary?
Hey all; I'm thinking of using a switch like this one which has can either be operated using a dual or single power supply. If I were to use it with a single supply, I'd bias the inputs at half of the...
3
3

Help on RF amp please
Hi, I have been working on an RFID project that uses a power booster from a Melexis cookbook. Warning it is a 1MByte download. I also posted the schematic on abse. The booster is on page 5. I would...
2
2

Using a Transformer on 220 v Appliance
I've got a girlfriend in the Philippines who wants this fancy Kitchenaid Mixer that cost a fortune. They hae 220 over there but these mixers if I buy here are much cheaper. Its that the cheaper ones...
10
10

Measuring variation in inductance
I was wondering what precautions I should take for measuring a coil's inductance. Following some capacitive sensing approaches my idea was to use a MCU pin for pulling a pin connected to the coil L1...
3
3

How to make a remote control detonator
I need to make a remote control detonator . Anybody could give me schematics that work?
10
10

RTD temperature equations
Morning I am looking for equations that solve for temperature in terms of RTD resistance. I find lots of references to equations that only include the lower order terms or that solve for resistance. I...
6
6

boiling off electrons
I don't know much about vacuum tubes, but often I have read statements like "the cathode heats up, causing electrons to boil off and fly to the anode".. which makes me scratch my head.. How does an...
27
27

Traffic Light Spoofer for Cyclists
I pull up in the left hand turn lane and the traffic light doesn't respond. If only I had a 9 volt battery powered spoofer that would trick the intersection into changing the light! This might require...
31
31

Need AC/DC 120v to 12v dc power supply with a ground wire available
I need a cost effective solution for a 12 volt fixed DC power supply for a project I am working on which requires the use of a three prong plug so I have Access to the ground wire. Maximum current...
3
3

Trouble simulating a Wein Bridge Oscillator in LTspice
I'm trying to simulate a Wein Bridge Oscillator in LTspice (I'm new to it), and haven't managed to get it to work. I've simulated a few other oscillators without any problems, but for some reason this...
3
3