Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Desired Sinewave Generator IC
Hello, there are many ways to build a sinewave generator however todate I have not seen a med-low cost high spec. minimal IC design that surely is now possible. The ICL038 etc. are large ICs with...
27
27

Series-Parallel DC RC circuit
+---------R1-------*-------* | | R2 C1 | | GND------------------*-------* Hi, I'm am interested in finding the voltage across the capacitor in this DC circuit in time. Initially, when the capacitor is...
32
32

How do I offset an output
I'm playing with a 1302 linear hall effect sensor. It has an output that is about 1/2 supply voltage when not in a magnetic field. Depending on polarity of magnetic field it outputs less than half or...
1
1

LT Spice simulation problem "No analysis request found"
I am trying to simulate the Common source amplifier and get gains. However when I type this code, it shows error "No analysis request found" What's wrong with my code? I have the inc file and sure...

Legal to sell DC-DC Converter *Kits*?
Hi, Is it legal to sell a kit that includes all of the parts, instructions, and diagrams so someone could build there own DC-DC Converter kit? I believe it requires certifications (e.g., UL) to make &...
37
37

varistor calculations needed
Hi to newsgroup I have a problem that needs some assistance. I have a 220V 50 HZ industrial relay at 20 amps. The arming inductor is rated at 6 watts . I need to use a varistor as surge arrester but i...
21
21

Design Help 2 - Please NO PIC
I'm still waiting for my newark order so I went ahead and worked on the 555 solution. Based on the suggestions I got I came up with this. It has a few more components than some of the other solutions...
32
32

What will happen if an analog signal is passed through a DAC?
Hi: What will happen if an analog signal is passed through a DAC [Digital- to-Analog Converter]? Thanks
22
22

Problems about pic thermometer
Now I am doing a pic thermometer which use the LM19 temperature sensor to measure the temperature and display on the 2*16 LCD without backlight. And I have a pic18f45k20 microcontroller chip and 4504N...
6
6

Neo Geo Arcade board problems
I have about four Neo-Geo six slot arcade game boards with Video RAM errors. It is not the actual video RAM, that much I have determined. It has a lot of large surface mount chips with upwards over...
1
1

Turning a 10k Pot into a 100k Pot
Is it possible to multiply resistors to turn a 10k Pot into a 100k Pot. Breakdown of what I'm trying to do: Got an RC car for my sister(she is handicapped) and its hard for her to hold the pistol...
11
11

Protecting a power supply
I've got a new power supply that I will be using to anodize aluminum. The supplier says to protect it when using it in that fashion by putting a diode inline with the positive terminal. The purpose is...
19
19

Printer Port Connectors "DB" and "db"
I picked up some female DB25 to db25 connectors that I'll need to install in the walls of of some project boxes, that I've yet to get, and realize that a "DB" is a different connector than a "db". I...
9
9

basic power supply
I want to built a basic power supply with 6 7[89]?? regulators. I have a line transformer capable of supplying 31VDC (15.5 + center-tap, scrap transformer). However, I do not know where I should...
17
17

IR Temperature Sensor
I am attempting to construct a temperature sensor that will activate several relays when the thermometer senses temperatures above 150 degrees Celsius, or ignition point for decayed wood....
10
10