Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

can an opamp sink current
can an opamp sink current? I'm guessing yes, since I would guess there may be some kind of totem pole thing going on at the output and thats how regular 7400s roll at their output so... since 7400 can...
3
3

humidity sensor
Is there a reasonable priced humidity sensor that interfaces with pic's easily? Phanderson has a board but I think at 43 USD, it is out of my price range. I have some one wire temp chips on the way....
3
3

Need help in the development and use JMCAD
Need help in the development and use JMCAD Project Information JMCAD is an program for the modeling and simulation of complex dynamic systems. This includes the ability to construct and simulate block...
2
2

how to interface a digital IC with an LED
Hello, I would like to hook up LEDs to a decoder and was wondering how to do this.. I basically want to use a counter wired to the decoder and have an LED associated with each output of the decoder...
3
3

LED voltage drop
Hi, If you connect a 9v battery across a red LED it blows. The voltage drop across an LED is fixed at about 1.4V so what happens to the other 7.6v?? Gareth
10
10

is it possible to learn electronics through self study?
Hi, Can anyone advice me regarding learning electronics through self study! I'm a computer science graduate. I would like to learn electronics to play with robotics. Any resources available in net for...
9
9

Need multimeter: Do inexpensive ones allow testing through insulated wire?
I've noticed here and there that the people servicing my A/C and Heating system as well as the power company guys all seem to show up with this wizbang multi-meter that has an attachment that can just...
42
42

UPS Voltage?
I just bought a digital multimeter and wanted to check my battery and UPS. When I check the voltage of my battery it gives 12.6. When I check voltage of UPS ( not connected to the battery) it gives...
10
10

A possibly dumb LED Question
Can a cool-white LED be "softened" in color by shining it through a colored thin plastic film, or thin tinted piece of clear? Or via any other simple method that doesn't reduce the brightness too...
14
14

Stepper Motor Connector
I found some nice stepper motors in the surplus bin, but I don't have any matching connectors. The ones on the motor are female, 1x6, moulded plastic, with what looks like 2mm pin spacing. Is this a...
4
4

32X8 SRAM Replacement
I need to replace a SRAM chip on a piece if test equipment it is a HM62256ALP-8. A 28 pin DIP. It is a 32X8 Hi-Speed SRAM. Can I replace this with any 28 pin SRAM chip or do I need to find an exact...
2
2

cleco style jumpers
I just recieved a PIC eval board. I need to solder in jumpers. Not a big deal but I'm used to things called cleco's used in holding sheet metal in place before riveting. Seems like that approach would...

negative potential on floated metal skimmer
Hello all, I wanted to know if there will be an undesirable build up of charge if I place a negative potential on a floated metal skimmer (tapered cylinder). I am trying to attract positively charge...

Which solder?
I tried Kester "245" No-clean solder but sometimes end up with the conductive white residue problem from the moisture that is present in our environment. I'll often poly-coat this to block the...
12
12

basic opamp grounding question
Hello, If I have an OpAmp (a 741 for example) and I want to use it as a buffer, and will be sending it 2Vdc, and am powering it with a dual power supply +/-10V.... do I have to tie the grounds of my...
19
19