Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

tool to use to draw an electronic circuit
Hi - if I want to show you an electronic circuit I have a question about, what tool do you recomend me to use ? Thanks.
7
7

solar cell how to measure output current
Hi - I got a brand new solar cell "Eco Line ES10M36". In my garden, under full sun it provides 21 volts and 500 mA, and under big shadow it gives 18 volts and 30 mA. Load is a 24 volt bulb lamp in...
13
13

Oscillators without transistors
Hello, What are some examples of oscillators which don't require transistors or vacuum tubes? So far I found relay oscillators and the Pearson-Anson oscillator. Does the Pearson-Anson oscillator...
24
24

Tube amp question
I see lots of tube amps with the tubes mounted such that they point down. This means all the heat rises up into the chassis. This seems counter-intuitive to me. All those components baking all the...
14
14

The Tesla Spirit Radio - Full Spirit Communication Test
The Tesla Spirit Radio - Full Spirit Communication Test
2
2

Millman - Microelectronics digital and analog circuits and systems by Thomas V. Papathomas
s o l u t i o n s . f o r . s t u d e n t @ h o t m a i l . c o m solutions(dot)for(dot)student(at) We're a team found for providing solution manuals to help students in their study. We sell the books...

Single phase VFD-nevermind
Last time I looked, which was several years ago and for a different reason, I found nothing. Today I found them and they are cheap. I shoulda looked before posting. Sorry, Eric
9
9

VFD for single phase induction motor?
Is this possible? I have a customer, a glass artist, who uses several very nice but old glass grinding machines. There are only 4 speeds on these machines and he would really like more speeds. He has...
2
2

mechanics of materials james gere 5th edition
s o l u t i o n s . f o r . s t u d e n t @ h o t m a i l . c o m solutions(dot)for(dot)student(at) We're a team found for providing solution manuals to help students in their study. We sell the books...

x100 'scope probe
I was thinking of making a DC (slow) x100 'scope probe by adding a series 100 meg ohm resistor. Any thing I should look out for? George H.
18
18

Re: Are self-driving cars also a kind of robots?
I think that rather depends on your definition of robot. A self driving car is limited to driving, navigation, communication and telling you what it needs in the way of maintenance. Is a "welding...
6
6

Pulse from >3 pulses in 5s?
My (infra-red) Remote Control unit, made some 25 years ago, uses this 12 button remote to control a variety of stuff in and outside the house. I want to add a new function: toggling a security light...
3
3

Ampacity of 18 gauge wire
I looked at an ampacity table but it was confusing. Would a 4 ft. length of 18 AWG wire be ok for a 10 amp load.? (Circular saw) Thanks, Andy
13
13

How to tell speaker + from -?
In my shop I have a a Pioneer SX-434 radio/amp for my listening pleasure. The speakers are mounted high up, screwed to the wall, and are not easy to get at. I had to disconnect the speaker wires...
9
9

Re: Europe to ban halogen lightbulbs
No and no. And BTW the Illuminati are not behind the climate change hoax, there is no such thing as perpetual motion, and the rapture isn't happening tomorrow. (if ever) You may try finding reasons...
3
3