Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Testing a ZNR and other
Thanks to everyone for all of the help that I have received through this group. This one and the Pinball newsgroup are the most helpful newsgroups there are. I have a few components that I am having...
5
5

DIY laser schematic
A friend of mine dug up this schematic he wants to build with his son. If you scroll down a bit, you'll see an annotated schematic. It shows the +9V battery and on the right side it has Positive side...
8
8

mini usb 5v datasheet
Dear all, Can any one tell me the data sheet of 5V mini usb 5 pinout (THA component) ?
1
1

JFET on resistance?
Hi; Is there a way to figure out the R(on) of a JFET when this parameter isn't specified in the data sheet? Thanks
21
21

Driving a transistor base from a voltage divider
Hi, I am trying to determine the operating specs for operating a transistor base (as a switch) from a voltage divider. What I am trying to figure out is the appropriate values of R1 and R2, given a...
22
22

voltage comparator question
Hi All I am controlling the output of a bicolor LED using a dual comparator (393), however when the input voltage hovers around the ref voltage, the LED starts to flicker between colors, and...
6
6

How to test speaker ohms?
I want to replace the midrange of a Fisher speaker model ST-440 "Studio Standard Series". No idea what vintage it is - maybe 80's or 90's. What's on the back is SB-80521-1 L81TNK AFAIK it's a factory...
36
36

Can fixed-voltage regulators be paralled up?
Can fixed-voltage regulators be paralled up to cope with higher currents. (eg the 2 Amp L78S24CV 24 Volt fixed voltage regulator)? Could I use 5 of these in parallel to supply 10 amps?
4
4

power on/off pop problem
I'm using a dbx active crossover feeding a couple old adcom amps. I've rigged it all to go on and off controlled by my "pre-amp" power. But I get a substantual power on and off pop from both amps. It...
9
9

Can DC voltage be doubled to drive 10 V relay ?
Have some cheap 10 volt relays. My project will consist of 74HCT gates supplied by 5 volts. Is there any way of doubling 5 volts DC ? Otherwise I'll need a power supply that supplies multiple...
15
15

Need advice on designing an eight Layer PCB
I=92m designing an eight Layer PCB Board that has LVDS signals in frequency of 700Mbps. I have read lots of Document regarding Impedance Controlled PCB routing. The desired impedance is 100 Ohm as I...
1
1

Chinglesh? 0V to 25V 10A power supply
When friends want Variable power supply Switching Regulator Circuit. I thinks this circuit may like friends certainly. It can Adjustable from 0V to 25V at current 10A. By have the prominent point...

Power Supply vs Adaptor
My DSL modem came with an adaptor. It burnt. I bought a new cheap adaptor, it burnt too and the next one too. So some one told be to buy a 9V DC power supply. He said unlike adaptors they dont get...
2
2

how can I deal with a current spike?
Hello, I'm going to be driving a capcitive load out from a couple opamps, both the opamps are acting as buffers, and normally my capacitve load will have a very small current through it... but...
12
12

Repairing CDI ignition unit
Anybody know how a CDI ignition system for a small petrol engine works? I have taken one of them apart, but managed to destroy and lose some information in the process (hammer and chisel). The circuit...
19
19