Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Counter not decrementing to exact value to 0x00000
Hi all, I am using Decade counter of 16 - bit, and the value decades from 0x3FFFF to 0x00000 After calculating the number of counts occured on input pulse with setting time base, i am trying to show...
3
3

AC motor wiring and capacitor use
Hello, I'm totally a newbie to this but I'd like to get my problem fixed. I have a chilling system made back in the '90 and the motor kind of died (rotating slowly but never going to full speed)....
5
5

op amp specs question
Hello, I need an op amp that can handle a 800mA current surge at it's output for a few mS.... it will be operating as a unity gain buffer, with negative feedback... it there a spec on the datasheets...
12
12

Counter verifiaction with requirements
Hi all i am presently doing verification and validation of my module, and i have these requirements for writing the testbenches and to simulate. If possible could you please give me some cleared steps...

New series of Acer GPS navigators
New series of Acer GPS navigators

Correct term & pinout of this dual pot with inline pins?
I wanted to look up the pinout for the five in-line pins of this pot. I couldn't get the right search term because I don't really know the standard way it is usually described. It's a dual track...
6
6

Trouble programming older PIC 16C84 and 16C71
Hi, I have a PICSTART microcontroller programmer and some 16C84 and one 16C71. Both couldn't be programmed, but the chips were in stock (in an ESD save box). One is an EEPROM type and the other an...
1
1

Can I filter noise from power supply?
I have 5VDC wall wort power supply, which is a switching supply, and it has a typical barrel connector. But I rigged up a small one-inch square pc board with a USB socket and a barrel socket mounted...
5
5

how to make a low voltage clamp or limiter
Does anyone know how I could protect a load from exceeding two different voltages... I have a load that I want to keep within +1.6V and -0.6V.... I can't exceed these values, and have to be within...
12
12

Connecting Nets to Pins in gschem
Is there a trick to getting nets to consistently connect to component pins in gschem? I can get it to work sometimes, but not on any consistent basis. There does not seem to be a pattern, but some...
1
1

Counting number of pulses
Hi all, Here is my understanding of counting number of pulses of my project: Please be patient in my description may looks lengthy.. In this mode(process of number of pulses), we can measure the...
2
2

transistor identification
Re: transistor TA78L 009AP 8A. in a 3/TO-92 package. Can anyone identify this transistor ? and tell me where I can buy a replacement? It is used in the TV aerial booster in my caravan, running on a...
5
5

120Vdc to 120vAC
Hello, I would like to know what would be the best way to convert 120VDC to 120VAC at 5Kwatt power. I did not find any schematics about this. I do not know if I should use a microcontroller for the...
18
18

how to make an active fuse
Hello, Can anyone suggest a way to make an active fuse using very few components? I'd like an electronic fuse that opens after... say 5A or 10A.... I'm thinking about using a comparators and a solid...
21
21

How to build a basic power regulator circuit?
I'm pretty new to electronics and I want to learn some more by building a basic power regulator so that I can power/charge a USB enabled device (e.g my mobile phone) from a battery pack that I have...
11
11