Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Noise Is 3 Orders of Magnitude Greater Than A Wave Form
Everything is known about the transmitted wave, i.e., the shape & phase angle, except the amplitude. All that is necessary is to recover is the amplitude of the wave. Can this be done when the noise...
64
64

DC Current in Parallel Inductors?
Hello All, My teacher gave us a problem that is driving me absolutely crazy, and my Spice simulator is supplying odd answers. His question: In a circuit with a 10V DC power supply, and a series...
15
15

DMM recommendation for low noise DC experiment
Hi, Present setup: I have an experiment that requires high electrical shielding, that has an output (two pins) from an electrometer op-amp (INA116PA), that will go through a very small pin hole in the...

OT: Canadian mains sockets?
Not 'electronics', so excuse me, but could someone on that side of the pond please confirm the type of mains socket I'm likely to find during an upcoming holiday in the 'Canadian Rockies' please?...
27
27

The Art of Electronics
Hi Engineer.., Any last updates on this book "The Art of Electronics" 3rd edition _____ Excluding that.., Any other resources for a Hobbyist( Pure MathGuy) to learn him self. I mean any Book resources...
10
10

Definition of AC vs DC power
If I have an AC power supply alternating between -1V and +1V and I add to it (in series) a DC supply of 10V, is the resulting power supply (which varies between 9V and 11V) an AC supply or a DC...
9
9

native cad file in ASCII
Dear all I have developed a binary circuit using ultiboard and how can i generate Gerber files and native cad file in ASCII. from the ultiboard program or the Gerbtool program.
3
3

SMT de-soldering
I have an SMT board with a jumper in the form of a 0 ohm resistor. I need to remove it, but I've never done anything with SMT. Is there anything special that I need to know? I'm planning on...
35
35

Help
Hello...first of all,sorry for my bad english...I need help. I am using a program Micro-cap, i have one sheme (BBB4 VLF reciever) , and i need to put that sheme in Micro-cap,but the problem is next:...

Mold in old electronics
I have several old tube-based organs. The repairman wouldn't work on them as he tried, claiming he has Chlamidya and was allergic to mold that was on the old caps, wires and stuff. Is there any way to...
10
10

hiii
hiiiiiiii i want to join your group please responce me
1
1

OT: Ever carry a 9 volt battery in your pocket?
Bad idea. Without thinking, I put a 9 volt battery in my pocket. Soon, either I noticed it getting warm or maybe my brain simulated it getting warm in an effort to get my conscious attention. I...
20
20

Problem with a motor starter- 3phase 480 Volts
We are moving a hoist from a location in Pe. to our Ar shop. It was supposedly in working order and when we tried to wire it up it is malfunctioning. When you press either the up or down buttons...
4
4

555 timer
I read somewhere that the #5 pin can be used to vary the oscillation rate. How please? R
2
2

Current probe compatibility question
Hi, I have the tektronix oscilloscope TD1002, I find the Tektronix current probe a little bit expensive (A622). I am setting my eyes on the fluke I310S AC/DC current probe, but I am not 100% sure it...
4
4