Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

QUESTION: How to connect a power supply to my home power grid?
Hi all I wanted to ask a question about something that has lightly perplexed me for a while. Sometimes we read about some person building e.g. a wind turbine (or something else) and connecting the...
6
6

Missing Group?
Anybody know why the "Deacticated" the Communications Units Group on Google?
2
2

native cad file in ASCII
Dear all I have developed a binary circuit using ultiboard and how can i generate Gerber files and native cad file in ASCII. from the ultiboard program or the Gerbtool program. what is native cad file...
1
1

Lock In Amplifier Ain't Anywhere Close To the End of the Signal Recovery Road
It's still the wild west out in info land. Lots of opportunities. Bret Cahill
2
2

power losses across inductive chokes
The DC component losses from I^2 * R end up as heat in a choke. I've received some mixed signals about the AC reactance component of the impedance of the choke. One theory, is the energy in the...
12
12

Crest factor?
I see this term in specs for UPS's. Wikipedia describes it as a ratio of RMS to peak voltage. That doesn't "grok" for me. Help me understand what it means re. a UPS whose output is spec'd to be sine...
5
5

Source for flickering LED's
Does any one have a source for flickering not flashing LED's? I'm looking for the ones that are in flameless candles. I need to make a flickering flashlight like a fire. The ones that you get at...
3
3

simple audio/video switch
Hi, I have a cable box with three pins on the back, constant 9VDC, GROUND, and 3VDC(when switched by remote, normally 0VDC). I want to use the GROUND and the 3VDC to switch RCA style Video and audio...
1
1

electronics
i want some basic kno.. about electronics.... how the electronics chips working and whats the basic reqarnment for it....????
2
2

boost PFC duty ratio expression
Anyone has some idea how can i derive the expression for the small signal duty cycle for boost PFC designed for average current mode control. thanks.

Diode across inputs to solenoid?
I was looking at the solenoid on a contactor today. It had a diode across the two leads and I've been wondering why. The contactor is used to turn on a Miller mig welder. Its rated for 120Volts. I...
1
1

Crystal Radio Questions
I'm winding a coil for a crystal radio. The original plan says to wind the antenna coil on top of the tuning coil, whereas another version says to wind the antenna coil *adjacent* to the tuning coil,...
10
10

rechargable batteries for solar lights
I'm generally OK with electronical things, but hardly an expert on rechargables, from reading the posts here. So, thanks in advance; here's the question: Like a lot of folks, i have a pile of those...
7
7

cm choke for blocking oscillator
I want to take 1.5 volts and boost it to 5 volts. Don't need a lot of power, maybe 100mW. Common mode chokes are cheap and readily available. Do people ever make blocking oscillators out of them? I'm...
7
7

electric latch
Hi I have a one touch electric can opener (that no longer works). How it (used to) work: -Place on a can -Press switch (momentary) From there on it turned and cut off the top of the can and stopped...
7
7