Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Simple Telephone Circuit
Hello, My nine-year-old son is building an "old fashioned" telephone switchboard, where you have some phone extension boxes with microphones and speakers (picture old-school holding the speaker to...
9
9

Good place to buy MCU boards
Hi, I'm interested in MCU evaluation boards, and would like to buy in north America for faster shipping but more importantly in case it needs to be returned. The only place I know is Are there any...
4
4

Breakdown voltage of PETG in Homemade Capacitor
I'm working on building a high voltage capacitor. I have heard that PET has a very high voltage breakdown. I came across an excellent source of PETG (Polyethylene Terphthalate Glycol). How much will...
3
3

Ideas for electromechanical resonance?
I'm wondering if anyone has done this and how: I want to resonate a high carbon steel bar at its fundamental frequency to produce an audio tone. The bar is 1/8" thick, 6-1/2" long and 1-1/2" wide and...
8
8

elementary transfer function with ngspice
Hi, I am a spice newbie and I'd like to plot the transfer function V/I (f) . Here is the scheme : Transfer function : ISRC 1 0 AC 1 R1 1 2 1k C1 2 3 1u R2 3 0 1k C2 3 0 1u .AC DEC 10 1 10K .END Here...
2
2

diode temperature model
in eq'ns (10.23), (10.24) and (10.27) in the "temperature model" section of Does what do B and ni mean?
21
21

Multiplication - Quotient Circuit On SPICE
Or maybe some log exponential circuits. It's hard to find anything in their liberry. Bret Cahill
1
1

How to Unlock Apple iPhone
ziphone provides the latest software and tools for unlocking your iphone. Here you will get the software through which you will be able to unlock any iphone in minutes and you will be able to access...
1
1

creating an electromagnet using my Amp / AC signal tia sal22
Greetings All I have a pt1100 amp with an impedance of 8 ohms rated at about (1000 watts output power) and a toroidal electromagnet with the resistance of about 1 ohm. I'm doing an experiment with AC...
9
9

i need an opamp suggestion
can anyone suggest an op-amp for me I need to amplify my guitar signal, which is in the milli-volt range and swings +/-.... I just need to boost it up with a gain of... I dunno maybe between 10-100......
7
7

Low cost resistor and capacitor pack:
Low cost resistor and capacitor pack: Low cost genuine metal film 1/4W resistor kit, great for electronic fans: 1 ohm 7.5 ohm 10 ohm 22 ohm 39 ohm 47 ohm 68 ohm 75 ohm 100 ohm 130ohm 150 ohm 220 ohm...

Parallel resistors formula
The normal textbook formula for resistors in parallel is given as for two Rt =(R1*R2) / (R1+R2) or for more Rt = 1 / (1/R1 +1/R2 + 1/R3 etc..) I need the formula in the form R1= and to my shame I cant...
10
10

How to convert Flash to AVCHD?
E.M. Magic Swf2Avi is the best SWF converter that can convert almost all kinds of SWF to video, audio and image in many popular ways. Without complex settings, you can convert SWF which includes...

Second Time Derivative Of Current
Is there any name for this other than "Second Time Derivative Of Current?" Bret Cahill
13
13

3 Phase Motor Voltages
I am trying to make heads or tale of the voltage information on this Bronzoni motor label: Some of it just doesn't make sense to me. Is the voltage listing Wye/ Delta or Delta/Wye or some other...
2
2