Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ORCAD
Hi, I'm looking for a (free) student version of the latest OrCAD schematic capture and PCB design. Where can I download it from? Thanks, Marc
1
1

How best to make connection mosfet to fat wire ?
I have built a regulator to control battery charging using 4 IRF2804 mosfets, driven with a 555 timer, and it works ok, Charging is between 10 and 70 amps, depending on which generator I drive the...
7
7

op-amps with AA batteries?
I am a novice trying to design simple circuits. Most of my ideas require op-amps and are things I would like to run off AA batteries. How does one get around the +/- 15 volts going into the op-amps?...
23
23

Please help me to produce a particular Lissajous pattern in Cathode ray Oscilloscope
I have to implement a particular Lissajous pattern in lissajous pattern is elliptical in shape (ie pattern due to some phase difference) and it should be moving in a circular path like a coin is the...
5
5

Can it work ?
I would like to use a diode to act as a step down tranformer to drive a small ac 115 volts relay from the 230 volts ac. I measured the resistance of the coil was 2470 ohm. I saw this method used in...
8
8

when to use polarized caps
I was just wondering... when should I use polarized caps? What's the benifit here over a regular one? I'm setting up a voltage regulator... a LM317.... and I'm putting a cap at the input voltage and a...
48
48

toyota camery electrical problem
the problem vehicle is a 1990 toyota camery. this problem occured after lightly(meaning i tried to stay away from the distributor) hosing down the engine and car wash. at idle the indicator lights are...
2
2

motor speed controller for kids' electric car
I've got an electric car for the kids that has only an On-Off switch for speed control. I was hoping to add a better speed controller than that. I would need to PWM 12V, about 10-15A. I was hoping to...
60
60

Open-collector
Hello, I read a web page about ps/2 mouse and keyboard protocol [1] with the intention of doing a few experiments with my arduino board. I've found some code for arduino that implements a mouser...
4
4

Mystery voltage regulator
In a Siemens Gigaset cordless phone, a voltage regulator is defective. The phone is very similar to this picture: The regulator is the one labeled "10" in the picture. It says "4307V33" on it, in...
9
9

Getting the Screen to Fit Left-Right
I have a 12-15 year old 27" Panasonic TV that we use with DirecTV. When I'm on Video 1, the left and right view are off the screen. It gets worse on Video 2. Is there some way to change that? I don't...
1
1

Tranformer question ?
I salavaged some step-down tranformer from pcb which has ac 220 volts input, ac 23 volts output. I want to use them in my hobby electronic, but i do not know how to find out the output current or KVA...
5
5

What do the LED spec mean?
Apologies for asking such basic questions but Vf means forward voltage and that is the maximum voltage to be applied? This is confusing to me. I thought it is the current that matters. Why would the...
11
11

Is this LED hookup correct?
I am a beginner and I would appreciate if someone confirmed that this is correct: There are 2 ways of hooking up a larger number of superbright LEDs from a battery: 1) Hook up as many LEDs in series...
9
9

Differentiating Then Integrating To Eliminate An Offset
This is a pretty common tactic isn't it? In situations where a discontinuity in the derivative is possible, undefined for a short period, the wave could be clipped or somehow limited before the...
17
17