Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

555 does Class D Audio?
6
6

Muddle over left/right channel of TRS plug
I have a 3.5mm TRS plug which is prewired. It looks like this The tip of that TRS plug is connected to the red wire (RIGHT channel). Has that been done correctly? I thought the tip of the TRS plug is...
33
33

How Does the Cost of Hearing Aids Defy Gravity?
You'ld figure the battery would be the most expensive part and they would be disposable by now. Bret Cahill
13
13

Rectifier output?
120vac input to full-wave rectifier bridge. Without any filtering components what is the output RMS voltage? This does not use a center-tapped transformer or such. Thanks.
23
23

Current Transformers
In the winter I use oil filled electric radiators in the house to help even out the heat. The problem is that I always have to remember to shut off the heater to use other appliances on that circuit,...
8
8

12V 4amp pwr supply
Good day I have on of those Colman coolers the pwr supply is not working. The pwr supply is rated at 12 volts 4 amp. I tried to use a pwr supply from an old laptop that was rated at 12 volts and 4.5...
3
3

Full H-Bridge Driver IC
Anyone know of a relatively cheap full bridge driver that has a built in PWM that can be programmed using I2C or through an analog input.

Curiosity
Just curious here. I managed to break the tiny coaxial connector on my express card TV tuner. Decided to remove the connector from the PCB, cut the small coaxial plug off the supplied lead and solder...
2
2

Help newbie!
Hi! I am in last year of high and want to study for Telecommunications Engeenering in university. What books or tutorials would you recommend me to read to learn the basics of electronic and telecom...
18
18

spectrometer
Hi everybody, I'm trying to make something for "analysing" light spectrum. I'm interrested in hight UV band (350 - 420 nm). I've read a lot of things about CDRom spectrograph. Perhaps digital cameras...
3
3

555
When a 555 is wired as a 1 Hz square wave oscillator and pin 4 goes high does pin 3 go high at the same instant or does it go high half a cycle later? R
11
11

usb output
Anyone know how much voltage a Usb port outputs? I am trying to recharge a mp3 player via the port, but it takes too long. So how much would the player require, in terms of volts, amps etc. Thanks...
6
6

Nanosolar Power - Home-made cells?
I've seen from the web several models for producing nanosolar cells. As far as I understood, these kind of solar cells are made into thin- film rolles. The question is: Can I do it myself at home,...
5
5

Voltage limiter for a guitar distortion circuit
Hey guys, I'm trying to design my first guitar pedal. Distortion is created when an AC wave's amplitude is greater than the input voltage of the amplifier. (imagine a sine wave with the top cutoff,...
3
3

120V DC panel indicator question
Can anyone recommend a panel indicator... it could be LED or Neon bulb, or incandescent.... I've only used LEDs and only for small voltages, so I'm not sure what to use here I need 2 panel indicators,...
5
5