Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

spools
What's the formula to calculate the forces 2 spools have on eachother?
1
1

What is the symbol for a mic?
I want to write (by hand) if some voice recordings of mine are in mono or stereo. Are there some standard symbols used for a mono mic and a stereo mic? Are there mono/stereo mic symbols used in...
52
52

Blinded By The Light!
Recently I had a peculiar experience with a car driving up the street. This car had on its top a very thin pipe that flashed very brilliant red and yellow flashes in a random pattern. There was...
3
3

Seasonal Circuits
Just a couple of ideas for maybe simple winter circuits. A battery charger that would charge lead acid batteries automatically maybe once every day or so. Or maybe just charge then float. I thought...
3
3

Trying to hold stepper motor and measuring
The stepper is turning and I try to hold it (with my fingers, or something stronger). How can I sense and measure the resistance I'm applying to the stepper? The resistance in not strong enough for...
14
14

Can a single supply op amp be used for a summer?
Hello, I'm working on a circuit where I want to shift/scale a 0-5V input to 1-5V. I am using single supply op amps. Can a summing circuit be built using single supply op amps? thanks
27
27

Relation between slew rate and gain-bandwidth product?
Hi~ I've posted the following text to the group. But it seems so fundamental to post to the group, so I post it again here....
4
4

Simplest Possible Analog Divider
Some circuits use transistors or diodes to take logs, subtract and then exponentiate to divide two signals. The simplest mechanical divider that linear at least over a certain range is a lever were...
6
6

LED activated by LDR
Let's say I have a circuit like this: When I shine the LDR, the LED instead of having only 2 states (on or off), it lights up kind of proportonally to the amount of light I put on the LDR (from weak...
7
7

DIY electromagnet under £100: Disappointing results
snip A persuasive argument but would it not be the case that if you wound with wire half the diameter of #10 say #16 that there would be 400 turns with .16 ohms resistance (both four times as much as...
3
3

Quick connect/disconnect crimp terminals
Hi, looking for **fully insulated male** .187 crimp terminals for 18-22 wire guage (aka spade terminals) in anything other than red. Seems like red is the prevalent color for this terminal and wire...
16
16

Hints and Tips
Hi all, I posted a thread on asking for Hints and Tips that you have picked up. If you have any fovorites please write them up and post it to under the thread Hints and Tips. I posted a scope probe...
1
1

how does an audio signal work?
When I plug headphones into an ipod, I know that electricity of some kind flows through the wire into the headphones, producing sound. What I don't understand is, what exactly is done to the...
11
11

Chip Shults
Is he still around anywhere? R
4
4

Light bulb question
I have an enclosed light fixture that is rated and is using a 6oW incndescent bulb. I really need more light, so I thought one of the new CF bulbs that says it is equivalent to a 100W bulb, yet only...
12
12