Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Minimum Energy Required for A Measurement
As with anything involving information or communication there is a minimum amount of energy required for any measurement at a given precision. There may be several "minimums" depending on how...
3
3

switching regulator with mcu
Hi to newsgroup I'm making a mcu based device which i want to be very small and low cost The design consumes 100..120 ma @ 3.3V The problem is the installation that requires 12 or 24 volts to operate....
51
51

Cost of DSP In Other Consumer Items
Digital hearing aids seem to remain pretty pricy. Is anything else using DSP more expensive than a $300 laptop? Bret Cahill
23
23

Nissan Looking At Roadbed Electrification
Induction may make sense in parking lots or city streets but the wire in an 18" diameter slotted pipe under the roadbed is best for the freeways. Bret Cahill
32
32

Basic auto ignition electric Q
Single coil, rotor & distributor cap system, 4 cylinder. Is the coil housing grounded? I always thought the coil housing was the return path for the secondary circuit / spark current. I know that the...
27
27

Serial Port Design for Z80 - Questions
Greetings! I wanted to add a serial port to my 1981 Gorf arcade machine. Since it is really just a specialized Z80 computer, I was just going to tap the signals from the Z80 pins and create a small...
14
14

Semiconductor markings
I have a transistor marked D401-Y, made by SEC. I see data sheets marked CSD401, 2SDS401, KSD401, MPD401. I think it's clear that the device is essentially an NPN Power Transistor. But why the...
1
1

741 gain
Thank you all. It's set up as simple inverter, with (+) pin to ground via same R as the input R and only 100Hz. Still working on it, but I replaced the F/B circuit with only 10ohms (R) between signal...

Derate switch for DC?
I'm looking for switches to control standard automotive 12v relays. Coil current is about 200 milliamps. I need mom/off/mom in spdt and dpdt. All I find are 125v and 250v switches with various current...
2
2

wall wart and leds
I am trying hookup a 10mm superbright led to a wall wart that is rated output 9v, 300ma. I used a 470 ohm resistor for this connection but .the wire feel a little warm to me. When working with wall...
5
5

ua741
I'm aware of uA741 slew rate issues and limited GBW, but I can't even get above gain of 2x with Vcc of +/- 12v and input sine wave of 5mV peak at only 100Hz (yup, one hundred Hz). What?
13
13

error in translation
it ain't spool in english (a translation error on my behalf) but coil. What's the formula to calculate the force between 2 coils?
1
1

Vector Network Analyzer Question
I don't know how the display processor block of a VNA usually work. I have scoured through a few application notes, but they don't describe a whole lot about how it works. Does the display processor...

simple output filter question
Here's a question that has been bothering me for a while. I want to make a simple lowpass output filter. With time constants from maybe 1 ms to about max 3 sec. I like to cascade two of them. (two...
31
31

How do I initialize a D flip-flop?
Hi, I'm working with a 74AC74 D flip-flop. I wanted it to power up in a predictable state namely with the Q output low. The CLR pin is active low so at power up I have to keep the CLR pin low for a...
4
4