Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Superposition theorem
Superposition theorem is one of those strokes of genius that takes a complex subject and simplifies it in a way that makes perfect sense. It is very useful for solving tricky electrical circuits, Just...

Voltage Regulator 041M03
Can't find any info on this device. I need to know what the output voltage should be. I'm assuming 3 volts, but would like to know for sure. It is getting red hot on the circuit board and is...
1
1

DC current through a domestic supply meter
These questions came up through some discussion on another technically/ scientifically unrelated news group ................... ? 1) What happens if a DC current** flows through a domestic/residence...
4
4

Free electrontube catalogue for Windows and Linux
1.0pre3 version of 'Tubes' electrontube catalogue is available to download. Licence: GNU GPL 3.0. Programme and database languages: English, Hungarian. Operation systems: Windows (tested on Windows...
2
2

Power supply problem (?)
Hello all, I was hoping someone might be able to help with a problem I've been having with a TV lift I built. I have an actuator that raises and lowers a TV for the bedroom. It's wired with a DPDT...
10
10

Identifying Infared LEDs
I have a Infrared LED transmitter and receiver that is part of a redemption game and I need to get some new ones. The distributor wants $100.00 for a pair of them. Of course the distributor or the...
7
7

Test your Signal Integrity skills with this set of quiz
Here are some questions on Signal Integrity .These tests have been taken from the Book - "Signal Integrity for PCB Designers". Find new singles & make friends. Chat, meet & date with Matchmaker

Switching power supplies and overcurrent protection
I see three types of overcurrent proctection in SPSs these days - Shutdown, hiccup mode and constant current limiting. Unlike with shutdown and hiccup types, is it correct to assume that voltage is...
11
11

WTF happened to this ng?
I go on a 16-month hiatus from electronics. I come back and the Sound/ Spam ratio is unbearable. Damn, what a shame. I loved this group. -J
18
18

A question about coil winding
DQoiSm9zZXBpIiA8SlJNQGludi5hbGlkLmNvbT4gd3JvdGUgaW4gbWVzc2FnZSBuZXdzOlhpcldt LjEwNzA4OCRnZzYuODYxODhAbmV3c2ZlMjUuaWFkLi4uDQo+IFRoZSBoZWF0IGRpc2FwYXRpb24g...
165
165

SPDT debounce doesn't
+5v +-----------------------------+---- | ____|________ +--o_ | | -_ 11| 74hc595 | -o--+-------------[| | | |____________| +--o === 100nF | | | | 0v+----------+------------------+ I've been told the...
42
42

Christmas tree light question
Yes, it's that time of the year when men swear at tree lights, just as I am doing now %&&*%*^$&^$%&^$%*&(^(*&%!!! We have a pre-lighted tree with the lights that stay lit when a bulb goes out or is...
4
4

LED direct replacement for flashlight bulbs?
Kinda outta date here. Most of our stuff is old, but it works; or if it doesn't we fix it asap. So is it possible now to buy direct LED replacement for the traditional two and three cell flashlight...
10
10

Where Can I Get an Older Duracell Two Battery Flashlight?
I've been buying Subject flashlights for years, but they seem either discontinued or scarce. The one I buy is about 5x2.5x0.75", squarish, orangish trim around the light and a dark (black) handle. One...
11
11

photons and reflection
According to the wave theory of light, angle of incidence equals angle of reflection. No problem, in theory or fact. However, per QM, light falls as a 'rain' of photons. What happens then? As I...
100
100