Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Phil Allison is teaching class
Phil Allison is champing at the bit to show us all how to design a small 10 watt amp. OK, now over to you...
3
3

Multiple DSL connections on one phone line
I have a phone line that enters at one end of a house and has a double plate for the usual 2 phone connections in the room. I want to locate an Internet radio near that plate and to have a DSL...
15
15

Need simple 1vdc relay circuit
Okay, admittedly I am not that well versed in electronics. I can solder and follow directions well enough to put together some interesting hacks occasionally, but I'm really a greenie when it comes to...
6
6

need a transformer
120 volt in, 35 volts out 1.2 amps I am having a hard time finding a 35 or 36 volts out transformer.
10
10

Soldering with essential tremor
Dear scielectronicsbasics people, I am 65 and was recently diagnosed with essential tremor. It is not Parkinsons and is not a serious health threat. (Bill Clinton was diagnosed with it a few years...
18
18

question
Let's suppose I buy a receiver that has the following information: - Voltage: 7-12V DC (positive center pin) - Output Current: 245 mA but I have a transformer that has 12v DC output (regulated between...
9
9

alluminum block
Hello all, If I need an Al Block to heat up and I need the least possible dimensions but I need to increase its temperature from ambient temp(20 degree) to 60 degree. how many watts I need and what...
11
11

QC check list ?
Does any members know where I can find technical check list used in the assessing electronic and electrical components found in similiar production line assembly ? Thanks for your help.
5
5

PCB Toner transfer?
I have a HP LASER JET 1018 that the toner is running out. I see staples and the regular chains sell replacements for in excess of $100.00. That is more then what I paid for the printer $48.00. I was...
13
13

Computer totally freezing after a few min
I have a few year old computer (clone, I built with VIA chipset) that has suddenly started to completely freeze. The image stays on the screen but the computer is completely frozen. CTRL ALT DEL does...
21
21

cell phone intererence / feedback
Hi There, Can someone explain to me why whenever my GSM cell phone rings, I hear that humming/pulsing sound on any audio equipment that's near the phone such as an MP3 player and a set of ear buds....
6
6

Transformer for arc welding
I think the OP was saying that 25A "continuous" works well. But I think the OP also wrote that this was an "industrial furnace for melting test specimens," which may have supported discontinuous...
11
11

Teaching Microcomputer Interfaces: List/Compendium of I/O Designs?
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for websites or books with a number of examples of I/O interfaces for use with typical microcomputer digital I/O pins. (Searched for things I saw a few years ago, without...
6
6

Simple SD Interface
Hi folks. Hopefully my post won't get lost in all the spam I noticed in this area! Anyhow, I want to do something fairly simple, but I want the advice of someone who actually knows more about this...
1
1

Help with Simple circuit and relay
Can someone look this circuit over for me and let me know if it looks ok, and if any changes are needed? The design is just a simple control circuit for a rocket launcher. After posting a few days ago...
10
10