Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Where to find desoldering tools in the USA?
Fry's wanted $13 for some push-down suction desoldering device. Anyone know where to get a desoldering sucker for a reasonable price?
17
17

Transistor Or Resistor
I want to make a load center to test power supplies and batteries. I was thinking of using 50 Watt 4 ohm resistors for 12V loads but I will need 15 of them to get the current drain I want. I would...
38
38

capacitor on series with transformer primary?
I was taking apart a broken rechargeable razor, and found a 0.15 uF, 250V capacitor in series with the primary of the (tiny) transformer. The tiny
8
8

Open Collector?
Hi, I just built Velleman 8061 and got it eventually working - I think? But I have a question. Shouldn't I be able to see whether line is active by resistance meter over the transistor? If I have...
3
3

Testing a varactor for capacitance while under use?
Does anyone know if one can test a varactor to see what capacitance it is exhibiting while it is being used to tune a circuit? I would think that hooking the meter across the varactor while it is...
12
12

AT91SAM7A3 minimum programming setup
Hi to all! I haven't designed something that uses JTAG for flash programming even though I used a ready-made system a fiew years ago. I recently bought a ULINK compatible USB JTAG programming device...

exact current and potential source
Hi, I am testing several things and now I would need a very exact current and voltage source. It would be nice if it were correct to 0.001mV/mA. Even more is better but I think that pushing a little....
8
8

inductor measurement
Hi, I would like to know if there is a relationship other then between cm and henries in an inductor: Here is a link where a tesla coil is made and measurements are made in cm and converted in...
5
5

Very good electronics site
Hi, I thought I post link to this site here. I got interested it and ordered the CD. It is full of information. Recommended for starting hobbyist. I have no affiliation with the site. I was just after...

Phase locked loop question
Could some electronics guru please help me ? Suppose I have phase locked loop in "locked in" state. Now suppose that I wish to use the reference signal for some further processing ? To be more...
6
6

Receptors' range is too small for a weather station
Hi, I have a small greenhouse which is mostly constituted by plastic. I also have a small weather station BLUESKY BWS688, with two receptors. The manual stipulates that the working range of the...
12
12

Wireless Headphones?
Any recommendations for wireless headphones I can plug into my radio and listen while I'm in bed? I see Sony has a pair, but the ear muffs look awfully big.
5
5

Looking for a small bedside am/fm radio with station buttons and wireless headset
See Subject. Yep, I have a C. Crane radio about 10 years old, and the clicking of the station buttons at night can annoy my wife. It would be good to replace it with something with quieter buttons and...

Dell Vostro v13 Battery
OK.. I know this is rather far fetched, but cost is not a problem here! I basically would like to see if it is possible to replace the Dell Vostro v13 battery, it specifys as a 6 cell 11.1V 30Whr, so...
3
3

Crydom SSRs - tips?
My well pipe comes into the building about 50 feet from where the electrical service comes in and the well power goes out. Rather than run 100 feet of wire that actually carries current to get to the...
5
5