Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Amplifier with higher OIP3/IIP3 the more linear it is?
Does higher OIP3/IIP3 mean more linearity?
3
3

Electric scooter motor reversible?
I have not found it on the web, but the part number is XYDJ09072117 It uses this controller. "Controller, 24v30a BG 5pin, TO/Charge Cut, (08A version)" Basically the same as this 500 W motor. Does...
4
4

Strange behavior driving a relay from a 555 time in monostable mode
I've set up a 555 timer to put out a pulse of about 2 seconds, and have confirmed it works with an led. However, when I replace the led with a relay, the 555 outputs positive voltage indefinitely,...
7
7

NEC 870 for Lighting on the Web?
Supposedly the NEC 870 book on lighting codes is on the web I've seen references to it, but no pdf? Anyone know?
1
1

Twin T circuit wanted
Can someone supply a single transistor circuit that will give a damped sine wave when a pulse is applied? to emulate a bell sound
340
340

TDS410 questions
Once an event is captured (trigger has come and gone), I see a waveform fixed on the display. I presume this is the digitized waveform now in memory. I want to view forward and backward in the event....
5
5

basic TV question
Do all TV's have built in degaussing coils these days? I have a CRT style TV that's been in service for ~ 4 years and it has been gradually losing "color purity" mostly on the bottom edges in a...
12
12

2 pin vs 4 pin bulb
What are the advantages of a 4pin vs a 2pin bulb..... the manufacturer of my task light used a 2 pin bulb but the socket is made to accept a 4 pin...... Also..... the socket wire connections are of...

Looking for PS glitch with Tek scope?
I have a machine in that I suspect the PS (+24vdc) is sagging under load which is causing all kind of havoc with the digital circuits. The load is brief, so I've not been able to capture it with a...
5
5

Uncertain Capacitor Values
Hey folks, maybe somebody can help me figure this out. I was looking for a particular cap, and came to find myself a bit confused on exactly how to determine what the value is. I know about the...
3
3

lead vapor
Hi all, Silly question, but I thought I would check with the experts. On a different forum someone was asking about putting in a fume hood for soldering. One responder said that you needed one to take...
12
12

PIC micro uart puzzle
Can anyone suggest why the following is happening? I have two Pics, a '690 and a '2455, communicating via eusart (8-bit). After a succesful round of query/response, the '690 transmits (confirmed on...
2
2

measuring EMF
Hello, I would like to know if anyone know of a good performing EMF meter. mainly from 0 to 1Ghz under 200$. The only one I saw was a trifield recorder, that ''they '' use also for ghost hunting. I am...
9
9

Question about LM334 current source
I would like to use the LM334 with 9V batteries to produce an approximate 3mA constant current through a diode. But I am a little confused by the device schematic. This device has three leads (V+,...
3
3

Sealed lead acid battery maintenance?
I would like to learn something about proper care of sealed lead acid (SLA) batteries. Is there any good authoritative science on how SLA batteries should be cared for? I am searching... I suppose...
17
17