Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Printed Battery Sheets
The patent laws need to include some kind of protection for muses. Shakespeare wrote that the muse was the real prime mover. Bret Cahill

Unsolicited testimonial
--A pal showed me this site over the weekend; it gets idiots like me from breadboard to gerber files with a minimum of fuss. It's a work in progress but I think it's awesome. -- "Steamboat Ed" Haas :...
7
7

override IR power on switch?
hello, i have a sharp AC/Dehumidifyer that cost me a lot of money. its nice and quiet. but, i'd like to set it on a timer, so it only dehumidifys when there's moisture in the air. unfortunately, you...
4
4

fixing my dishwasher
My dishwasher stopped heating the water so I checked the heating element resistance and I get 13 ohms. Well the manual asks that it be plugged in to at least a 15 Amp circuit and at 120 Volts I get R...
22
22

Basic inductor question
How is it that the winding direction of a coil whether it is CW or CCW has no effect on the direction of the induced voltgae. When we analyze a circuit we always do v = Ldi/dt, however according to...
3
3

Electronic "Taggent" To Keep Subscribers From Reposting Articles
Maybe there could be some way to put a unique electronic "taggent" on each subscriber's download -- the poor man's version might be a strategically placed misspelling -- to determine which subscribers...
15
15

Energy Star Blower
Does anyone make a 12VDC low current blower? 100 ma is not low current. Would like 40 ma or less. Something the size that might be used in a PC or similar.
5
5

Sure Electronics LED Matrix display
Hi, I am playing around with Sure Electronics LED Matrix display 2416 There is a very nice thread in Arduino Forum I also got it working with BV513 from Byvac, Now I got it working with Velleman...

running a sim in pspice (demo version)
I have a schematic that I would like to run a simulation of. I'm using a spice program for the very first time today. I've got the schematic drawn and I'm trying to figure out how to start a...
1
1

HP Deskjet 990Cxi prints `in white!'
Hi, I've got an old Hp Deskjet 990Cxi which suddenly decided to print nothing. When I send a document to the printer, it behaves as before (paper is taken, cartridges move, etc.), but the resulting...
10
10

Quality factor
What happens to quality factor of capacitor when they are in parallel or series? For example if one 270pF has minimum Q of 1000 and two capacitors in parallel with total value of 270pF, (each...
6
6

Appraising small rechargeable batteries
Hi Experts, I have many small rechargeable AA and AAA batteries and find it hard to appraise them. 1 How to determine if they have some life left? I know I can charge them for 24 hours and then see...
9
9

Flash frequency possible for LED
I have a variable strobe which uses two bright leds in series driven by an oscillator and a BC547. This is quite effective and will strobe at just over 60 Hz. Could anyone give me an idea of the...
11
11

The proper way to carge a rechargeable battery?
After searching for information on how to recharge batteries I was left with contradicting suggestions regarding the proper way to do it and even what to expect from a recharged battery. So, in order...
16
16

Where to buy a small wheel hub motor?
Specifically, where can I buy a high quality small wheel hub motor (with wheel) like the one used for powered Trikkes? Or some other small wheel (16 inches or less) hub motor? Thanks.
10
10