120 volts ok in 100 volt extension cord?

I bought a 100 volt/120 volt step up/down transformer for some equipment I have in Japan. There is only one outlet on the transformer. The extension cords here say '100 volts' on them. It is okay to use one of those with the 120 volt output from the transformer?

Reply to
gg

** Make the cord about 20% longer an she'll be right mate !!

... Phil :-)

Reply to
Phil Allison

It's OK. The only situation where it might not be OK is in cases where stringent safety regulations require observing specs to the letter, but this appartently does not apply to you.

Reply to
pimpom

Well the extension cord is probably not UL approved so if a fire occurred for some electrical reason, you'd be liable and probably no insurance coverage. But I'm not an expert and I'm form Canada not the USA. Just go out a buy an extension cord from a local hardware store and use that.

Shaun

Reply to
Shaun

Are you addressing me or the OP?

Reply to
pimpom

Oops, I meant my message for the OP.

Shaun

Reply to
Shaun

The OP is in Japan

IP Information - 210.227.13.197 IP address: 210.227.13.197 Reverse DNS: 210-227-013-197.jp.fiberbit.net. Reverse DNS authenticity: [Verified] ASN: 4713 ASN Name: APNIC-AS-BLOCK IP range connectivity: 1 Registrar (per ASN): ARIN Country (per IP registrar): JP [Japan] Country Currency: JPY [Japan Yen] Country IP Range: 210.224.0.0 to 210.239.255.255 Country fraud profile: Normal City (per outside source): Unknown Country (per outside source): -- [] Private (internal) IP? No IP address registrar: whois.apnic.net Known Proxy? No Link for WHOIS: 210.227.13.197

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to

Thought so, but I had to make sure. For a moment there though, I thought you meant that *I* would be liable if the OP burned down the building from following my advice. :)

Reply to
pimpom

st go

Thanks to all for the replies. I'm in Japan already and haven't seen any 120v extension cords but it sounds like the ones rated 100v are ok. Thanks...

Reply to
Steve