Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Audio capacitor
I salvaged some boards from a Yamaho radio. HTR - 5460 260 watts One boards has some 63V 12,000 uF caps. No voltage shows on both AC and DC scale. Is it safe to desolder? I also got a whopper...
6
6

Speaker id needed
This is from a cordless phone. I think it is a speaker. Phone uses 2.4 volt battery. I was wondering if it would work in a 9 Vdc circuit?
15
15

Test hook clip
I would like to be able to test circuits in tight spaces and it looks like this addition would work. It's too bad they don't list the internal dimensions of the part which attaches to your meter...
5
5

Pinging AK Andy
check it out $11.35 pair Product Description SICK Optics WS15-D1130 / WE15-A1130. Photo-electric sender and receiver pair detects the presence of an object when the beam between the two is...
10
10

Solid tinned wire meets circuit board
Try not to laugh too hard. I think I may need a video on how to connect components on a board.
9
9

Piezo buzzer - no polarity marks
I got this, but saw no polarity markings like my other larger piezo buzzer. Andy Piezo Transducer Electrical Specifications: Rated Voltage: 5Vp-p Rated Current: 2mA (max) Sound Output at 10cm: 85 dBA...
7
7

PIR motion detector circuit
I wanted to try this next, but wanted to know if it looks like it has a good chance of working. Andy
6
6

Removing solder
I use my desolder gun to remove solder from circuit boards but I can't always remove enough especially when the solder is in stranded wire. Is there some other technique? Andy
10
10

What determines a low leakage capacitor?
I am trying to find info about what a low leakage capacitor is. I read that aluminum electrolytic caps have a higher leakage rate than most other types. How do you determine if a capacitor is low...
20
20

From breadboard to soldering
I am ready to transfer my circuit from breadboard to PCB Prototype Circuit Solder BREADBOARD. Any advice appreciated. Is 22 gauge hookup wire what I need? I was going to order these. SPDT switches 4...
45
45

Frustration
Electronic can be quite frustrating. I put together a circuit for a laser alarm. It does not work. There is no way to tell if a design will be successful even if you follow the authors exact...
63
63

Resistance Light and Dark Values
What specifically do these terms mean for a LDR? Resistance (Dark): 1M? Resistance (Light): 12k?
27
27

Dark silver wire
Some of the wire i strip and solder is a dark silver color. Its a pain to solder to copper.. Is it aluminum? I read that a Al forms a non conductive oxide on exposure to air.
8
8

Soldering 18650 batteries
I was thinking of replacing the 18650s in my Dewalt battery when they go bad. When using tab wire, what temp do I set my iron for? I read that you should go hot and fast to avoid ruining the battery....
7
7

Crazy idea?
Mebbe I shud jest leave things be... But here goes my crazy idea. I have a Ford 9N tractor. The hydraulics that raise the arms of the 3 point hitch system are powered by the same system that spins the...
2
2