Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re doof doof zapper
If it were radio sourced doof doof. What would happen if I put a spark plug in a metal reflector at source focal point and fed it with random frequency hv to induce spark and aimed it at doof doof?...
6
6

CD74HCT165 question
Hi, I have been trying to figure out how the CD74HCT165 works, the datasheet do not explain the CP,CE and CP ports. Can somebody explains these ports, Do I need a clocking device to make it work. I...
2
2

signal generator output
OK, this is real basic but I'm not getting it. I hooked up my HP 8657A signal gerator into my TDS 210 oscope with RG 58a/u ,which is 50 ohm to match my input and output. The trouble is , the voltage...
64
64

old remote circuit
Please see the following links for a pcb remote circuit. Although it lights up, it does not work fully. If you look closely at the caps C1 and C2, their tops are black. Thanks. Steve
6
6

Holey Circuit Boards!
It seems that every day, just a little bit more of Radio Shack's hobby supplies disappear. Now they don't seem to carry perf board any more according to the web site. Does anyone know of a supplier of...
13
13

is a full load min or max resistance?
If someone has a load that can be 10ohms up to 50ohms, and says to figure something out at full load, is full load the larger or smaller resistance value? I'm thinking smaller, since with a constant...
3
3

RMS versus AVERGAGE
ok, here's my questions... and it's coming from looking at alot of these switch mode power supply converters, where the voltage out is some relationship with the voltage input and the duty cycle....
42
42

inductor powered LED
Hi I am trying to design a bike light made of some LEDs powered by an inductor, could anyone recommend me any reading that might be useful? Can anyone think what the potential issuse might be and what...
2
2

What electronic component could I use to draw on thermal paper
Is there a cheap and small electronic component that generates enough heat to draw on thermal paper? I don't need to draw fast or precisely, I just need it to be able to produce enough heat to...
8
8

Doof doof zapper
Any one have ideas on how to make a Doof Doof zapper. preferably directional, that would interfere with the Doof Doof sounds from the car next to you at the traffic lights (high pierced whistle would...
23
23

Electronic-Optical Counter
Hi, My students are in need of an Optical-Electronic counter to count the revolutions/minute (rpm) of a propeller driven by an electric motor. The maximum expected rpm is around 20,000 rpm with most...
16
16

Electrical Contact Material
Can anyone tell me of any springy, corrosion resistant metals/allows that don't need special plating to be used as contacts? The contacts will only carry data and low voltages(ie: +5, +10, +12,+24,...
84
84

My electronics is rusty
I need some help with this. My electronics is real rusty. I will start with the trim pot. Mine has 3 leads and I was told to set it at 500K before making adjustments. I know that some of the leads go...
42
42

looking for DAQ that measures PPM tia sal22
Greetings all I'm looking for a DAQ that will measure PPM (particles per million) over time, can anyone recomend one? tial sal22
3
3

OT a sign of the times
I was futzing around building a uhf bowtie antenna and needed some fender washers. The hardware store is 6 miles away in a truck that gets 12 mpg when cold. Figure the 8 washers for ~3 cents each and...
33
33