Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Two diode vs four diode rectification
What is the advantage of a four diode bridge full-wave rectifier over a two diode full-wave rectifier. There must be some, else why accept the extra cost?
19
19

Isolation transformer?
I was looking for a 120-120 isolation transformer on eBay and I kept finding 120-240/480 transformers. There are 2 secondaries on these (connect in parallel or series). It occurred to me that I could...
17
17

Replacement NiMh battery for small solar light
I replaced a 600 Mah NiMh battery in a small solar light with a 2300 Mah since I had no 600 Mah hr batteries in my stock. It worked great for about a week, but then the light started blinking when it...
1
1

Soldering paste
I recently received this and am learning about what applications it is good for. I put a small amount on a project board and the solder seemed to adhere better. I am using up some old RS solder that...
10
10

Dropbox test
Can non-Dropbox members open this folder and sub-folder and see the files?
4
4

Seeking an enclosure...
Seeking an enclosure that looks like this from the side: +--- | | | | | +-------+ Think of a meter case, terminals on top, meter face and range-selecting knob on top. Where may I find such things?...
8
8

Connection from camera to TV
Due to a recent theft, I want to get this B/W security camera going. At one time, I had the output going to my TV. The one pic shows the connector at the other end of the camera cabling. My TV has a...
9
9

Lubricate coax connection
It's hard to unscrew the coaxial cable from the antenna. Is there something that can make that easier and minimize corrosion? I think there is corrosion occurring on the aluminum "arms" of the antenna...
7
7

45v out of a bridge rectifier, what AV voltage goes in?
If want to get 45v/2amps out of a bridge rectifier, what AV voltage goes in? -- "He who will not reason is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; he who dares not is a slave." - Sir William Drummond
14
14

Looking for a 7984 valve
I'm thinking of making Any thoughts about where I can get the 7984 valve?
2
2

Frequency counter
I'd like to buy a frequency counter but I was afraid they'd cost thousands. Apparently, "only" hundreds - Any recommendations?
29
29

Teaching Transistor Theory
I've just had a pedagogic revelation! Here it is: Transistor theory is much more effectively taught if explained as a *discovery* (which it was) than as an invention (which it never was). All these...
15
15

Thermionic valve projects?
Here there are a variety of thermionic valves. Where can I find projects that utilize them? I'll also need a HT power supply. Any thoughts? Buy a wide range of Valves from Rapid Online. Free UK...
21
21

Hot air rework station
I bought one of these a while back, but the manual had nothing covering how to use the hot air rework station. Is there a way of getting instructions on using it? I think several companies make the...
1
1

Diagnose circuit board issue
I am trying to diagnose why the door chime no longer works. The receiving unit sounds the various melodies. The battery voltage is ok. I have thoroughly cleaned the circuit board. The led lights up...