ZVS Induction Heater Setup

I have a 1000 watt ZVS induction heating unit (the Chinese one) and am a complete novice with electronics and may very kill myself, but I wanted to set up a small aluminum smelting rig for small quantities of aluminum.

Will I be able to achieve melting temperatures for aluminum if I pair a 500 watt 24 volt power supply with the 1000 watt rated induction unit?

Reply to
Matt Allen
500W isn't much, maybe a few ounces. A handheld propane torch is comparable in heat output.

You'll get more if you have some fiberfrax / kaowool handy, and wait patiently. Don't expect more than a pound.

Pedantry: smelting is winning the metal from ore; melting is just, well, melting or recycling the pre-smelt material. :-)

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Contract Design Website:

Tim Williams

You voltage OK. Amperage not so much.

1000 - 1200 watt power supply.
Reply to