Yahoo Email Crapped Out

I have a number of email accounts at Yahoo for various purposes. One in pa rticular that I haven't used in a while seems to be malfunctioning. I have seen the Yahoo page report several different errors including 2, 4, 14 and 17 if I remember correctly. When I look these up on Yahoo they don't offe r much advice other than clearing browser cache and restarting the browser which of course, I have tried. At any given time I get the same error on s everal different browsers, FF, Chrome, Comodo Dragon. So it would seem lik e the problem is with Yahoo rather than my end.

There doesn't seem to be a way to actually reach a person at Yahoo about th is. Any suggestions?

I would just abandon the account and create a new one, but these days Yahoo won't let you sign up for an email account without giving them a cell phon e number which I'm not doing.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

When Verizon bought Yahoo, the didn't want the free Yahoo accounts. So those went to AT&T. I've gotten 4 calls from customers today that are having problems with various AT&T email services. Most of the errors are on receiving email. Not much trouble showing at Yahoo today, but plenty at AT&T:

If you have a Yahoo.com domain account, first verify that your email settings are correct: If you have one of the AT&T domains:

Allegedly, support is free for yahoo.com accounts: Notice that all of the categories are for things that are wrong with your system, not Yahoo's. With the free AT&T accounts, you're stuck with trying to get answers and help in the various forums.

Try this: Kinda looks like Starbucks(Google) wi-fi now wants name, email, and zip code in order to login. I think you're going to be seeing more of this in the future. (Yes, I know you don't go to Starbucks).

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

configure it forward to a real account.

Jasen Betts

The problem can't be email settings in my client as I'm using Yahoo web mail. In fact, that's one reason why I use these accounts, as backup for when my email client is offline or my main PC that has it is down.

They don't say it is free, they say if you are being charged it isn't them. They don't claim to actually offer support other than "forums" etc.

Google still requires a cell phone number, but I managed to make up one that worked and they didn't require me to validate it with a text or call. Thanks.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

n particular that I haven't used in a while seems to be malfunctioning. I have seen the Yahoo page report several different errors including 2, 4, 14 and 17 if I remember correctly. When I look these up on Yahoo they don't offer much advice other than clearing browser cache and restarting the brow ser which of course, I have tried. At any given time I get the same error on several different browsers, FF, Chrome, Comodo Dragon. So it would seem like the problem is with Yahoo rather than my end.

t this. Any suggestions?

ahoo won't let you sign up for an email account without giving them a cell phone number which I'm not doing.

How do you do that when the web page won't load???

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

On Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 7:10:22 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wr ote:

particular that I haven't used in a while seems to be malfunctioning. I ha ve seen the Yahoo page report several different errors including 2, 4, 14 a nd 17 if I remember correctly. When I look these up on Yahoo they don't of fer much advice other than clearing browser cache and restarting the browse r which of course, I have tried. At any given time I get the same error on several different browsers, FF, Chrome, Comodo Dragon. So it would seem l ike the problem is with Yahoo rather than my end.

this. Any suggestions?

oo won't let you sign up for an email account without giving them a cell ph one number which I'm not doing.

I gave up searching through Yahoo help and used Google. Found a Yahoo page that addresses this and they have been seeing this problem on accounts tha t haven't been used in a while. It was discovered over two weeks ago and t hey still don't have a fix... but they are working on it! lol

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

It'd be kind of hard to at that stage I guess, I took that action when I discovered that their POP3 was broken enough to be ususable and that their support departmnt had no intention of fixing it.

Email's pretty crazy sometimes, yesterday someone spent 3 hours sending a 200 Kilobyte email. that's 23 bytes per second... it was from a an IP address tagged as dynamically allocated. I guess their internet connnection was throttled.

Unlimited internet: All the soup you can eat but you must eat with chopsticks.

Jasen Betts

e in particular that I haven't used in a while seems to be malfunctioning. I have seen the Yahoo page report several different errors including 2, 4, 14 and 17 if I remember correctly. When I look these up on Yahoo they don 't offer much advice other than clearing browser cache and restarting the b rowser which of course, I have tried. At any given time I get the same err or on several different browsers, FF, Chrome, Comodo Dragon. So it would s eem like the problem is with Yahoo rather than my end.

bout this. Any suggestions?

s Yahoo won't let you sign up for an email account without giving them a ce ll phone number which I'm not doing.

When I needed a disposable email account I signed up with Juno. Seems thei r email accounts are a way to encourage you to sign up for unlimited DIAL U P! Really? I didn't realize there was anything you could still do on the Internet with dialup. I guess reading email with an email client is one of the few things that still works. I don't think webmail would be practical .

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit