XOPA818--2.7 GHz FET op amp with 2.2 nV 1-Hz noise

Decompensated, gain >=7, but pretty cool.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

-- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC / Hobbs ElectroOptics Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

Phil Hobbs

That page sucked..(wanted info) here's the product page.

I think. GH

Reply to
George Herold

It's cheaper than I thought it was going to be; I guessed 15 bucks in singles.

Reply to
bitrex

On a sunny day (Fri, 26 Jul 2019 22:18:43 -0400) it happened bitrex wrote in :

For a gain of 10 it is dead above 20 MHz? Use a tranny ;-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Yep; cf. Win's x-chapters thread. Current consumption is a bit on the high end though, as to be expected given the specs.

They mention it using SiGe in the datasheet; I wonder what the technology distribution is across fast op-amps.

Have you tried some samples yet?

? David

Reply to
David Nadlinger

Not yet. They're going into a fast, low noise VCA for that cathodoluminescence product. It needs a fair amount of gain at up to 40 MHz, so an OPA818 with a series RC from the SJ to ground is the ticket--that'll stabilize it at unity gain, and the corner frequency can be up around 350 MHz where I don't care about the noise very much.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs