xgpspc and anchor alarm.

Released xgpspc-0.7.8.1

This is Linux open source software for ships.

Added anchor alarm, this is useful to be alerted when your anchor is not set properly and you start drifting and are asleep on the boat, or when you are shopping in the marina, or even when pirates hijack the boat.

The nornal beeps for on board is one thing, but how about when you are away?

So I added an SMS alert, plz note the very simple 5 line or so bash script to send an SMS via a 3G / 4G USB modem stick that only needs to be plugged in. But not everywhere in the world is SMS available, or there is simply no range. So I also added a radio alert, for now I connected my Baofeng UV5-R porto, so added tx control, and voice with the festival speech synthesizer from raspi audio out, so a Hawkins like voice tells you how far away the boat has drifted from the reference point, the heading, and also the GPS location.

To test it I decided to program in the free PMT frequency (446 MHz free band) in the Baofeng, and it worked. Also it scrambled a F16 that came flying over very low and I think dropped the bombs on the next island here..

So YMMV using this.

I stopped testing. But it works:

Also note, but have not had time yet to build it, you can make a simple water sensor to alert you via SMS or radio if your boat makes water, a good water sensor can be made with 2 electrodes and some FET. an other raspi input with a FET. Prevents you finding the boat at the bottom of the lake when returning after a week.

Next project: water sensor. Dunnit before.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Released xgpspc-0.7.8.2

This is Linux open source software for ships.

Water sensor added.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje