Wow first lead-free victim: Microsoft Xbox 1 billion damage, what MS did to fix it, hot glue secrets?

Wow first lead-free victim: Microsoft Xbox 1 billion damage, what MS did to fix it, hot glue secrets?

I must personally say that this Xbox cooling configuration is the most idiotic I have ever seen. It looks as they first designed the case they wanted, then the PCB, and finally added the cooling.

The use of hot glue may be a sign the BGA balls melted and the chip shifted position. Glueing is a solution? ;-)

Rabbit on mars:

Jan Panteltje