Wouldn't the world be a better place if there were true poetic justice...

Wouldn't the world be a better place if there were true poetic justice and no one would supply gasoline to NY State?...

Won't happen, BUT you can bet that NY State gasoline prices will rise yet again... couldn't happen to a dumber, more deserving, collection of citizen-sheep >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Think about the rollback of slavery as it coincides with the rollout of fossil fuels. People are so idiotic. Fossil fuels is all that keeps us in the modern age.

Reply to
bulegoge

We were meant to live off the fossils of our forefathers. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Oh it would be grand to see huge price rises and long gas lines in NY city! Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I first thought this was fake news, but then I checked with real news media:

Crazy!

John :-#(#

Reply to
John Robertson

Bill de Blasio has to qualify as the world's _supreme_ village idiot... right behind those "citizen-sheep" who voted for him.

Maybe de Blasio is just trying to find a way to cover the lost revenue deleted by Trump's new tax bill limiting local tax deductions ?>:-}

However I can just see the mad rush now, where Washington, Oregon and Californica rush to out-do de Blasio's scheme ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Hey, don't count out the California sheeps!

Reply to
cameo

Especially after the subway system collapses.

 Click to see the full signature

We have silly mayors here in Canada too - Vancouver's mayor wanted to ban the use of natural gas in new building in the city by 2030 as his battle against greenhouse gases:

Mind you he is retiring from the mayoralty this year so perhaps that project will fall by the wayside after the fall city elections. He is no relation fortunately, even though we share the same last name.

John

Reply to
John Robertson

ty!

Why would the subway system collapse? It's electric-powered after all. All US infra-structure seems to be suffering from inadequate maintenance, but t he NY subways don't seem to have collapsed recently, although the New Yorke r recently imagined the subways cars being supplanted by a tidal wave of ra ts...

California got rid of the Los Angles light rail system in the 1930's (thoug h the process wasn't complete until 1963) but they've put in new ones since then. The Bay Area Rapid Transit wasn't as good as had been hoped, but the Los Angles system seems to be coming along.

Maybe John Larkin is suffering from mass-transit-envy.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Yes, burn the fossils. What age cutoff do you suggest for a person to be declared a fossil.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

How old are you, Blobby?

Reply to
krw

Because the subway will be servicing the load otherwise supplied some other way.

Just like natural gas prices went up when they started using more of it for transportation. Demand went down. The money moved. Business much ?

They are looking at some serious work to get that system up to snuff. First of all it is very old, surely it has regular electric connectors, not elec tromagnetic or any of that newfangled what not. Old school rules - put twic e the kilometers on it and you get twice the wear.

And some people in other countries think that what works for them will work for us. Well it won't. First of all you can probably not even imagine the state of disrepair in the system. This is due to decades of neglect.

Plus the government probably has some sort of rehab code that mandates upda tes. Oh yummy. The city or state, forgot which, got an unfunded mandate fro m the feds to make all their street signs conform to a certain font.

So next we see a surcharge on city income tax, and a small fee to appear on the subway tickets. Perhaps a more "profitable" rate structure.

They'll love it.

Reply to
jurb6006

Because, like everything else in red cities (they all are), it's falling apart:

Reply to
krw

Jim hoping for poetic justice has a certain ironic content.

His declared intention of shooting his more left-wing neighbours when the US falls apart deserves a particular sort of divine retribution, but Jim won't be able to see that.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to