Work transiestors better vertical?

I this ask because I was studying the weight of electrons, and they have some weight.. And the holes must be lighter than air, as something is missing. So the electronis would fall down, and the holes go u up and away. So the transiestor should work different oriented upwards?

Ollie

Reply to
Ollie B. Bimmol

I this ask because I was studying the weight of electrons, and they have some weight.. And the holes must be lighter than air, as something is missing. So the electronis would fall down, and the holes go u up and away. So the transiestor should work different oriented upwards?

Ollie

Reply to
Ollie B. Bimmol

Hello,

Compare for yourself the force due to gravity and the electric force working on electrons. You will discover that influence of gravity is negligible.

kind regards,

Wim PA3DJS

Wimpie

Yes, this is true. Audiophiles can hear this effect and always keep their amplifiers oriented such that the NPN transistors are above the PNPs.

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to

Bwahahahahahaha!

Another example why I block most aioe.org posts. ...Jim Thompson

But it's normally the PNP that's slower. You'd want to heat that side to make it faster (minority carrier device, and all).

Reply to
krw

$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org...

This is probably the secret technology which enable those PA amp designers to go up to 11 (essential for heavy metal).

Reply to
cassiope

Where in the world did you ever get such a silly idea?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Would the same apply in vacuum toobs?

tm

Reply to
tm

The only parts I can think of that are g-sensitive are crystal oscillators and mercury relays.

Any others?

John

Thermocouples work that way, sort of.

John

Accelerometers. ;-)

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

The things dependent on convective flow of air/water/freon/etc ?

Vladimir Vassilevsky

The real problem is that electrons have spin too, so they precess and that can really negatively impact the transparency in your woodwinds.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

IIRC they developed a gizmo for navigation when Britain & france started digging the channel tunnel at each end to meet in the middle, this allegedly consisted of a drum of wire with pulses fed round it and timed, any angular movement affected the relative velocity of the pulses allowong the heading to be calculated.

Working back the other way - some satelites use a large coil of wire for rotation - the inertia of electrons passing one way or the other produces a turning moment.

Reply to
Ian Field

--
Mercury switches, dead weight testers, inclinometers, airbag
deployment sensors, plumb bobs, sailboat keels, apples, spring scales,