Wireless RS232 modules

Hi ,

Can anyone suggest to me any long range wireless RS232 modules?

I need them for a telemetry system. The speed doesnt need to fast (19kbit) will do but range is important.

Thanks a lot

Joseph

Reply to
joseph

Martin Riddle

This is not a binaries newsgroup. You can post it to news:alt.binaries.schematics.electronic by attaching it as a GIF, JPEG, or other common image file. Then, post a message here giving the name of the post. If you try to post a binary file here, most people will never see it.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It's difficult to make a recommendation ... not enough data.

What is your desired range? What is your antenna height at Tx and at Rx? Are the Tx and Rx both stationary or are one or both of them mobile? Are you restricted to the frequency band you can use? What is your error rate requirement?

Frank

Reply to
Frank Raffaeli

Hi,

i was thinking about 500m in an urban enviroment with one station in a fixed postion and the other being mobile. For the fixed station antenna rquirements are not critical but for the mobile station a lightwieght antenna is preferred.

Regarding the arror the overall data rate will be rather slow since this is a telemetry system so i settle for 1/10000 or better.

Regards

Joseph

Reply to
joseph