Wireless microphone crystals

Hi,

I ended up with a VERY old stack of 50-100 paper envelopes, each containing at least one crystal HC-49 full size. Some are new, some pulls.

There are alien markings like 77-TX and T82B-TX as well as frequency numbers such as 154.60, 171.025, etc. The frequency numbers are related to the stamped crystal frequencies by a factor such as: fcrystal = (1/2) * (frequency - 21.4MHz)

Are these things of any use to anyone here? If so, they're yours for the cost of postage (should be less than $15 to anywhere in US or Canada). Otherwise, they'll go out in the trash

I imagine modern mics are all synthesized from a single crystal source.

Best regards,

--sp

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

"Spehro Pefhany"

** Put them on Ebay.

Bet someone bids a couple of bucks each for them.

BTW:

Transmit crystals (TX) used in most radio mics are a special cut that allows them to be easily "pulled" by up to 0.05% to create FM.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I might guess that 77-TX and 82B-TX refer to marine VHF channels. In case you can determine the frequencies, Ch 77 is 156.875 and 82B is

161.725 MHz.
--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI  Vancouver BC
peterbb (at) telus.net