Windows 10

There will be no Win 9. Microsoft is going directly to 10. Since even-numbered Win versions are garbage...

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

Yet underneath the marketing it is still windows 6.x, Microsoft not game to change the major version number, as that created the Vista havoc years ago.

Superstitious lot?

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

On Wed, 01 Oct 2014 09:26:05 +1000, Grant Gave us:

Lot? yes... but 'superstitious' was not the term I had in mind for 'them'.

More like an exponentially larger version of those little things Scarabaeus viettei push around.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I thought is was Windows-10 because you needed 10 GigaBytes of memory just to load the mouse and keyboard drivers.

Reply to
mpm

You mean no _sales and production_ version; heard that 9 was out for eval (for a limited time).

Reply to
Robert Baer

Mouse? They brought back the mouse?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 20:59:48 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

There are still non touch enabled desktops in place and being put in place.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I'm so glad I don't need to concern myself with windows and all its games & bullsht.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Am 01.10.2014 06:03, schrieb DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno:

Eldery hardware will not be supported... ;-))

Lund-Nielsen, Jorgen

On a sunny day (Tue, 30 Sep 2014 15:38:31 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

They are selling the same thing over and over again.

Why not move to Linux 100%? It gives you full control.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On Wed, 01 Oct 2014 09:28:45 +0200, "Lund-Nielsen, Jorgen" Gave us:

What department at Amazon is the "elderly hardware" sold at.

And who needs what hardware, being elderly, to operate a computer?

I'm sorry. I am getting old, and I do not foresee a need for specialized hardware as I get along in years.

Is this a new market?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Pen computing is dead again?

Martin Riddle

Because I don't want control. I want something that [just] *works*.

Reply to
krw

As was reported many places, the president of Microsoft Indonesia said that Windows 9 would be a free upgrade from Windows 8. That may be why they skipped straight to 10.

Reply to
Mark Storkamp

On a sunny day (Wed, 01 Oct 2014 09:18:55 -0400) it happened snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote in :

I know you will say I am lying, but Linux just works. Some examples: I installed Slackware on this dual core, it runs without modifications, took maybe an huor. I run it as 64 bit version on a laptop, it just works. I run Linux on a server, it just works. I run it on an other laptop, it just works. I run it on 3 Raspberry Pies and it just works. I run it on my Linksys WiFi routers (recompiled) and it just works. Its inside my Samsung 3D TV and it just works. Its inside my robot vacuum cleaner and it just works. It is possible that there are versions of Linux in your living room without you knowing, and those just work. I burned my Xp disk because it just did not work, not to mention the horrible install that took a whole Saturday afternoon.

I have since the install modified many of my Linux systems and 'customized' those I have al the sources for all that, including the TV. Systems have a very good uptime... This one is on 24/7. Microsoft is finished. BTW I have Navigatrix, a Linux distro for on boats, and its just an USB stick, you can plug it into ANY PC or laptop, and you have a great linux system, and it just works. The list goes on. But that last thing is cool, do not bring laptop, just bring the stick, plug it in some computah, and go.

Microsoft has converted their users to ever again buying zombies who cannot - and will not learn the simple basics of computahs. Are forever caught in their ever narrowing web of pay and pay again for nothing new, and for every crap application anyone wants to sell, without ever a chance to improve anything.

You are lying.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On Wed, 01 Oct 2014 09:18:55 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz Gave us:

Once one phooly sets it up, it works, phooly.

What? Do you think we are a bunch of phools here? :-)

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I think it is because of how it sounds in German, 'Windows Nein'. They probably want to avoid the Chevy Nova = 'No Go' in Spanish fiasco.

You should only use 'point 1' versions of Windows.

Windows 3.1 -- version 3.1. Windows 98 -- version 4.1. Windows XP -- version NT 5.1 Windows 7 -- version NT 6.1

Win 10 will be 6 point something greater than 1. No Good.

Reply to
Wanderer

No, showing just how much of an idiot you are. Your hobby is tweaking things. I have no interest in doing *anything* to the OS (or any software, for that matter). It's a tool. It should just work.

Reply to
krw

Don't want to "set it up". I want it to *work*.

Just a few...

Reply to
krw

As opposed to in-Zehn Windows?