Wind Generators combining

Hi all

Ho can I combine the electric power output from 2 wind generators to generate 1 voltage that is the sum of the 2 generators ?

This combined voltage will be the input to a DC > AC inverter that will produce constant AC voltage

110 VAC for example .

Thanks BarNash

Reply to
BarNash

Do you mean one voltage that is the sum of the two generators' voltages?

Or do you mean one power bus that carries power from both generators?

Are trying to do this off-grid, or are you selling power back to the power company?

Do you want to design the electronics (this is the 'design' group), or do you want to design the system and buy the electronics?

If you're off-grid, then you need a controller box that's designed for power combining, presumably in such a manner as to charge batteries as well as feeding an inverter. Designing such a box would be straightforward, but it'd take a lot more than one newsgroup reply to capture all the issues. You absolutely positively can't be the first one with this issue, so I suggest you start Googling if you want to buy one.

If you're selling power back to the power companies, use two of the inverter / line isolator thingies, one for each wind generator.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

I want to design the electronics that will combine the voltage from 2 wind generators and feed the DC > AC inverter charging bateries with that combined voltage will be done as well for preserving power when the inverter is OFF .

I need the desription of the voltage combiner electronics design and from there I will take it myself.

Thanks Eliahu

"Tim Wescott" ëúá áäåãòä:QeWdnaCYgK3oDADXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@web-ster.com...

Reply to
BarNash

Do these generators produce DC or AC? I will assume DC for now.

Do you want this to work with wildly different wind speeds at the generators? I will assume no and that they are seeing roughly the same wind speed.

Are these two generators the same basic design? I will assume yes.

Given my wild assumptions, I will suggest that what you really need to think about adding is the current from the two generators. This leads to another question:

Are the "generators" really alternators with rectifiers or are can current flow back into them when they are stopped? I will assume that they are permanent magnet generators (motors) that can have the backwards flow.

What you really need is a diode OR circuit to combine the currents but prevent the back flow. With this high of current the power lost from the drop in the diodes will be a serious issue so I suggest you look at this:

P2173

Reply to
MooseFET

ind

om

.

I like LT products, but you have to wonder when a 4 year old part has "draft only" on the datasheet.

Reply to
miso

Is there a specific reason why you can not connect these generators in series ?

Are these generators producing several kilovolts and the insulation of the upper generator is not sufficient. If that is the case, why not ground the midpoint ?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

wind

from

..

The "look at" wasn't a "use". The datasheet shows how the idea can work. For this task, a higher powered version would make sense.

Reply to
MooseFET

wind=20

from=20

will

voltages?

do

one

one.

BarNash sems to be the new nym for SkybuckFlying. Appropriate treatment recommended.

Reply to
JosephKK

2 wind

or

d from

hat

om

1...

My comment was more about LTC never removing the draft and confidential from the PDF on their website.

I'd like a version of the LTC part that used a PFET instead of the high side switch driver and Nfet.

Reply to
miso