Will LA boycott AZ. power?

John

Noting that a quarter of Los Angeles' electricity comes from Arizona power plants, Pierce threatened to pull the plug if the City Council does not reconsider.

"Doggone it -- if you're going to boycott this candy store ... then don't come in for any of it," Pierce told FoxNews.com.

People like Pierce (Corporation Commission) don't bluff. He's a cranky old git, like me, who'll kick your ass just for sport :-) ...Jim Thompson

On a sunny day (Wed, 19 May 2010 13:57:32 -0500) it happened "amdx" wrote in :

US falling apart?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Nope, US trying to pull itself back together and stem the tide of illegal immigrants. The people complaining have a problem distinguishing between a legal immigrant and a person breaking the law.

Reply to
WangoTango

Boycott? What the HELL is The City Of Los Angeles doing spending $58,000,000 (fifty-eight MILLION) Los Angeles dollars in Arizona in the first place? Shouldn't Los Angelenos' money be used in Los Angeles?

Boycott on, Mayor Cholo!

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise on Google groups

A boycott of AZ contracts by LA would amount to a tariff by LA against the commerce of AZ and unconstitutional under the interstate commerce clause (Article I, Section 8). In the vernacular of the time, regulate was to "keep regular", the free flow of commerce between the states.

--
Joe Chisolm
Marble Falls, Tx.

On a sunny day (Wed, 19 May 2010 16:19:08 -0400) it happened WangoTango wrote in :

Strange, I always had this notion US were all immigrants, who killed some idians and then stole their land.

It proves the right of the strongest, and from that follows, as your economy is largely driven by those same 'illegal' immigants doing the work for less, that it could well be that makes them the strongest. Just give everybody legal status and let then pay taxes, was that not Reagans idea?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

No, they are intentionally blurring the line for political gain.

Reply to
krw

SOunds like AZ may reverse the boycott and negate all contracts with CA companies. AIUI, CA has one or two large construction companies who would like a piece of AZ road construction. No one is going to win that trade war, but CA is going to lose, IMO.

Reply to
krw

No, just good sport.

John

Nope! 100% hot air.

LA and San Fransicko smoking dope while proclaiming their councils can negate a CONTRACT.

Likewise Pierce, though he might have a better chance... there is a rule, "AZ First", on our power output, likewise Colorado River water.

Given the present mood in Arizona, I'd recommend that Californica shut their faces :-) ...Jim Thompson

Yeah, like the idiots should really shoot themselves in the head, much less the foot.

What a stupid move all these pussified boycott retards are attempting.

Reply to
SoothSayer

You couldn't kick your way out of a wet paper bag.

Reply to
TheJoker

Please go away, and come back twenty years from now, after you have grown up a bit.

That is based on your 40 IQ as to how long it will take you to grow the f*ck up.

You are a goddamned adolescent brained retard, Panteltje.

Reply to
TheJoker

Easy solution. Issue the death penalty for both. I guess that I should generate a "Cardinal Rishalou" nym for this sentiment. :-)

I wonder how many of this groups retarded twits will even get the reference and how many will have to go hunting for it.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

We should use THAT against ALL of the nay saying retarded twits.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

If that were true, the "strong" nations of the world would have overrun your pathetic little nook centuries ago.

Get a clue, you brainless, pathetic bastard.

Reply to
WarmUnderbelly

His claim AND yours is total bullshit.

Reply to
WarmUnderbelly

After more than a decade, the total retard finally gets something right.

Reply to
WarmUnderbelly