Wildfires and an immigrant flood

Perhaps, but they didn't need to diminish a previous population and take a land from those who had lived here for centuries.

The point is that those to would withhold a right of citizenship by virtue of birth, would themselves also no longer be citizens by the same rule...

dingledorf.

Rick C.

Tesla referral code -+++-

gnuarm.deletethisbit

On Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 6:23:56 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrot e:

o our society, like they used to be".

LOL! I know it is pointless to reply to anything you post... but your writ ing is so clearly delusional that it is hard to resist.

You have created your own version of history based on what you wish to be t rue. Yes, there were many ambitious and capable immigrants in the days gon e by. They were a very, very small minority of the immigrant population as a whole. But you choose to ignore that reality and live in your own. The one where you hate an entire population because you believe what you want about them rather than try to learn what they are really like.

I really do feel sorry for you and people like you. You live in a very sad world.

Rick C.

Tesla referral code -+-+-

gnuarm.deletethisbit

Oh, I forgot to mention...

Yeah, I realize the Spanish "owned" a lot of this country first, way back.... But we won it fair and square.

Now, GTFO.

Reply to
mpm

Spanish??!!? What about the natives who were hear when the Europeans arriv ed? Aren't most of us second+ generation? Heck the Spaniards were part of the immigration problem too, but they had their invasion and the English h ad theirs and the many other nationalities had theirs or came in on the hee ls of the rest of the ugly foreigners.

I don't recall there was much integration into the existing culture then. It was more a matter of extermination of the existing culture.

I guess you are just mad because the shoe is on the other foot now.

Rick C.

Tesla referral code +-+

gnuarm.deletethisbit

snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in news:bd67ae12-1584-43c8-a0dc-218788fdf0d1 @googlegroups.com:

One does not see streams of folks wanting in, nor would one see such an event happening.

Reply to
DLUNU

Unless you had ancestors living in North America at the time "we" didn't win anything; you probably a great-grandson of a potato farmer who showed up on a boat after the invention of electric lighting what do you even mean "we."

Reply to
bitrex

Some of the most vehement anti-immigrant sentiments in the US often seem to be found among the last large groups to turn up. Donald Trump is a German and whatever-her-name-is on Fox News is a second or third generation European immigrant at best.

The psychology is pretty transparent nobody likes to be the "low man" on the ladder, need to find someone further down to give a good kick to.

It's been claimed that Hispanic immigrants all vote Democratic which is straight nonsense like nobody in the Republican party has ever heard of a Catholic, and that a lot of second and third generation Hispanic immigrants don't feel approximately the same way as above.

Reply to
bitrex

"Net overseas migration has increased from 30,042 in 1992?93[2] to

178,582 persons in 2015?16.[3] The largest components of immigratio n are the skilled migration and family re-union programs."

"Australia and Canada are the most receptive to immigration among western n ations".

The current Australian population is 24.5 million so the inflow is only 0.7 % in an one year, but it is quite a few people.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

whit3rd wrote in news:619adffc-e9d5-45c4-b5e7- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

It is a RIVER of THOUSANDS, all *EXPECTING* entry.

Can you really be THAT stupid?

Reply to
DLUNU

I wonder how DLUNU can be stupid enough to claim that they all expect entry?

Some might not read the news, but anybody in that convoy is likely to be aware that President Trump was posturing madly about not letting any of them in.

They may be hoping that now that the mid-terms are over, Donald Trump will find some other subject to get hysterical about - since he now making a fuss about Meller's "witchhunt" this might not be unrealistic.

It's not as if Trump has long attention span. And now that the Democrats have a majority in the House of Representative, Mueller may be able to force Trump to hand over documents detailing his money laundering activities before he became president.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

She won some kind of poetry contest with that one and it was only later decided to put it on the statue. People from that era were insane bullshit artists, not that this era is much different.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred