why is this amp clipping?

Not any more. As far as I can tell, old .asc files run fine on the new version.

Seems fine to me. What problems are you seeing?

I suspect that other people wrote the Analog Devices models. They look rushed.

Again, XVII seems fine to me.

XP is ancient and I remember it being very flakey. Win7 is very solid. Every 5 or 10 years, you've got to upgrade your hardware and OS.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

And no resistor is absolutely linear.

I'm doing a new version of this synchro/resolver/LVDT i/o module:

but as a standalone ethernet/usb box, not VME, and only 12 higher-power channels. Few customers used all 24 channels, but sometimes want beefier outputs. I have room for bigger transformers now.

Synchros and such are usually run around 400 Hz. Aircraft "Wild power" can run from about 250 to maybe 800. LVDTs are usually mid audio range. I don't recall our DAC and ADC sample rates just now.

I'm also doing a separate i/q modulator box, to simulate transducers. Both are targeted at simulation to test jet engine controllers. And I'm doing a couple other things. I wish I could work on one design at a time; I get confused.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

John Larkin wrote

Indeed, and adds noise...

That is a lot of stuff, like frequency measurement too..

So, audio range, I did something with multi-channel audio, where I use 4 channels with different audio, was for simultaneous audio channels with different languages for on DVD, wrote 'multimux' somewhere in this link

Basically the same idea... But then with a normal soundcard... I have 2 sound cards in the other PC, gives me 8 channels that can sample at up to 96000 Hz IIRC.

To get exactly 90 degrees over a wide audio range is not so easy. Those SSB modulator circuits do that from a few hundred Hz to a few thousand Hz within one percent or so.

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

Resistors are futile.

Reply to
tom

I need 90 degrees +-1 or maybe even 2 degrees. The wider frequency range we can do, the more potential sales. 20 KHz to 20 MHz would be nice, which is achievable with 10 fast opamps.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

and 10 slower opamps? When I simmed the RC thing years ago the matching within banks was more important than the difference between banks. I have production measure and bin the C's. (to about 1%.) George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Feedback theory - if you roll off the gain of an op amp linearly with frequency, it doesn't oscillate in negative feedback circuits.

Bob Widlar had to use two compensation capacitors on the uA709 to get enough gain roll-off to keep it stable (and a resistor in series with one of the compensating capacitors to keep the total roll-off linear with frequency).

With the LM301 he'd worked out how to do it with one capacitor, and one that was small enough to realise on the chip (though the uA741 was the version of that that hit the market first).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Jan is just doing his "you're only a REAL engineer if you..."-thing. As if nobody at Analog Devices, Intel, or Fairchild uses Spice and does everything with pen n paper and breadboard. They seem to be doing OK for themselves regardless.

Reply to
bitrex

Are you off the pills?

Reply to